10 February 2014

Men Can Do Romance by Michael Holloway Perronne

 Despite living in free-spirited New Orleans, Elliot finds that his career as an insurance actuary has him constantly weighing the risks of every move he makes in his life.

When Troy, his teenage crush, returns home to the Big Easy after a stint with the Marines and unexpectedly announces he’s gay, Elliot must decide if he’s willing to take a chance and find out if men really can do romance.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18587411-men-can-do-romance?ac=1


Ok so I will admit it, I have always had a thing for a man in uniform.  Especially the Marines, I don’t know what it is, but wowzer!  So when I read the blurb for this book and it’s about a Marine coming out of the closet, I couldn’t pass up the chance to read the story!
Don’t get me wrong, I did still enjoy the story quite a bit, but I felt like there was something lacking throughout it all.  It might be because I could see the ending before it happened, or it might just be I wasn’t completely into this story as I thought that I was.
One thing that I didn’t like about the book was the switching of the POV’s.  In my opinion, I felt that by doing that, it took away a lot from the story because you kept going back and forth between the two of them so frequently.  Out of all the characters in the book, I think that my favorite would have to be Pat.  He was just amazing whenever he was talking in the story, and he completely stole the scene from everyone else around him.  With Elliot, I felt really bad for him in the beginning, I know how much the dating world sucks and I can’t imagine going on dates like he was on!  Troy was just…. Troy.  That’s all that I can really say about him because even though I liked his character, I just couldn’t connect with him in any way.
Overall, if you enjoy the m/m genre, I think that you should give his book a chance!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F1YNQBU/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00F1YNQBU&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/men-can-do-romance-michael-holloway-perronne/1117193182?ean=2940045332675&itm=1&usri=men+can+do+romance   https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-mencandoromanceanovella-1281806-341.html?referrer=52378e08e5757

0 comments:

Post a Comment