03 March 2014

Thrash by JC Emery

Loneliness suffocates the heart. Acceptance breaks down walls.

As a Lost Girl to the Forsaken Motorcycle Club, Nicole Whelan knows how to party. She’s not cut-out for relationships and her life is way too complicated for anything more than casual encounters. But one night when she falls into Duke’s bed at the clubhouse, he sees something in her that he can’t let go of—no matter how many times she tries to run.

Having been left to raise her teenage brother, Jeremy, she’s already got her hands full and isn’t looking for anymore complications. But Duke’s just watched his best friend fall for the only girl he couldn’t have, and then almost lose her so shortly after, shaking him to his core. Faced with his own loneliness, he’s more determined than ever to break down Nic’s walls and show her that he can be good for her; but he’s got a bad track record and she’s got a bad temper. Changing his ways isn’t easy when he’s not sure what he’s even changing for.

The violence and turmoil are at an all-time high, and Forsaken is in a vulnerable place when a twist of fate breathes new life into the club. It’s a much-needed beacon of hope for the embattled biker family, even if everyone’s not exactly on board. With Duke and Nic’s relationship already on shaky ground, and something even more important at stake, the Forsaken Motorcycle Club will fight like hell to keep their family together and whole.

Love is never more precious than when it’s new.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18730386-thrash?ac=1
There has been a rash of motorcycle club books lately.  I’ve read some great one, some not so great ones and some that solidly in the “meh” category of book enjoyment.  “Thrash” was definitely in the great end of the spectrum.  It’s hot, it’s complicated, and it’s a story that I haven’t read before in this subgenre. 
This is Duke and Nicole’s story.  She is a club whore who has a complicated life.  She doesn’t want any strings, as she’s struggling not only with past hurts but also has been left to raise her brother.  One night, she lands in Duke’s bed.  He senses something in her that he doesn’t want to let go and he starts to pursue her ardently.  She’s not having it, partly because she doesn’t do relationships, and partly because she just doesn’t see herself as “Old Lady” material.  But he breaks her down.  The big question is can they both put the past behind them and more forward?
This book can be read as a standalone, but I think you’ll get more out of it if you read it with the first book, “Ride”.  I have to say, I think I may have liked this book better than the first, though. There are so many motorcycle books out there right now, but I have yet to read one where a woman goes from club whore to old lady…I liked that.
Another highlight of this book is Duke.  I mean, let’s face it, we mostly read these books for the men and Duke is everything you expect and want in a book like this.  He’s such a jerk, but underneath it all is a good guy.  He’s been a man whore himself, but he meets Nicole and it changes him for the better, and once he opens up that part of him, there’s no closing it.  He pursues her with everything he’s got and to read it just makes you sigh that happy sigh.  He’s awesome.
What’s interesting about the writing of this book is that it starts before “Ride” and has an intersecting timeline of events.  I think that can be tough to pull off, but it really works here.  The continuity of the story adds so much to the overall series as you read.
Overall, I enjoyed this book quite a lot.  The sex is off the charts hot, which we all know is requirement for me, and it does not disappoint.  I am absolutely looking forward to more in this series!  4.5 stars


I just finished Thrash and just absolutely loved it!! You have no idea until you read it. This is an awesome series and I tell you.......I'm hooked!!  
Ride is the first in the series (Ryan and Alex) and Thrash is Nicole and Duke. I was so happy to get this one. After reading Ride I just couldn't wait to see what happens and boy let me tell you, I was impressed. This is all about the Forsaken MC club and it coincides with Ride. It could be standalone but why in the hell would u want to do that?!! 
Duke is my favorite. He is hot, sexy, very persistent and just plain yummy. You would not want anything more from him and trust me you will be satisfied. What I love most is that he sees something in Nic and doesn't stop until he gets her. Sigh!!!  Like most men he does make some stupid mistakes but you will forgive him. 
Nic is just awesome. I love her to pieces and am so glad that she gets him. Yes, he was persistent and she had every right to fight him. He is a man whore and always screws and leaves them. Most of all she did not think she was Old Lady material. Luckily he wouldn't let her go. Between them, their chemistry was a beautiful thing to read. Love, hate, sex, and the tension was at an all-time high for them and hell even for me. You will feel everything that they are going through and that's what I love about this story. I was sucked in and I didn't want to leave. I also loved that it was in both their point of views. You really get a feel for them. 
All the other characters were there. It was good to read them and yet cool to see what was going on in a different perspective. Ruby, Jim, Ian, Jeremy were all there, it was good to see them. Oh and Diesel. Yummy. Lord I so cannot wait to see what happens with him. 
All I have to say is that you will love this story and the whole series. I cannot wait to see what happens and I am so lucky that I was chosen to read this. It's one of my all-time favorites and it could be for you too... If you read it. Trust me, you will love it!!!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HRKLQ0E/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00HRKLQ0E&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20     http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/thrash-jc-emery/1118141072?ean=2940045570589&itm=1&usri=jc+emery

0 comments:

Post a Comment