27 April 2014

Blood Stained Tranquility by N. Isabelle Blanco

  The wheels of destiny are spiraling out of control quicker than even the gods can keep up. They all thought they knew what war was like—but have no idea how bad things are about to get. In the continuation of the Szolite series, two of the most dangerous powers in the Universe will be unleashed, threatening to push two fated beings apart.

A normal human girl. . .
Evesse Salazar never imagined that a violent end to her already difficult life would be just the beginning. After being thrown into a vortex, shredded apart, and killed, she is reborn as something more. Something she might not be able to manage. If that weren’t enough, she awakes newly mated to the last being in the Universe she ever would have chosen.
Now, with no other option, Eve must come to terms with her powers, her past, and her mate before he loses control of what might just be uncontrollable.

A god with a monster locked inside. . .
For over eleven thousand years, Zeniel, God of Tranquility, has done everything in his power to keep his other half, the God of Vengeance, from breaking free. A single glance from Mavrak is all it takes to kill those deemed guilty. The wraiths under his command can tear thousands to shreds in an instant, no matter how small their crimes. Zeniel knows he must remain at peace to keep Mavrak at bay, but he’s rendered helpless with one look into the eyes of his mate.
The longing for Evesse is enough to rip the demon out of its cage, and with the Gods on the verge of a cataclysmic war, Mavrak has every intention of gorging on both his mate, and the vengeance he so desperately needs.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17281394-blood-stained-tranquility?ac=1

While this is the second book in the series, and it is about a different couple than the first book, I would recommend reading the first book to get a better understanding of the characters and their relationship with each other.
In this book, we get to know Eve and Zeniel a lot better than we knew them in the first book. It was insane to watch their relationship, and as they were both fighting against what they both wanted. I really enjoyed how Eve was willing to stand her ground and wouldn’t let Zeniel walk all over her. The strength that she had, and she grew into, throughout the story was just great. Zeniel’s character was one that I felt sorry for from the start. It was horrible reading as you learn what he had been through in his life, and what he was still fighting with in the present time.
There was a lot of action happening in this book, and a lot of the characters had important roles in the story as well. It felt at times like there was too much going on, too much happening that it got confusing at times. The action that took place though was extremely well written. I was completely sucked into the story from the start and didn’t want to put the book down at all.
The only reason this book isn’t getting a 5 star rating from me is because I was confused at times as to what was going on. But besides that, I still enjoyed the story and I can’t wait to read the next book in the series.

While I didn't read the first book in this series, I didn't think that made much of a difference, which was nice because now I want to go back and read the first one and I didn't have to stumble through lost in this book. 

I don't read a lot of paranormal books but this synopsis looked interesting so I thought I'd give it a shot and I wasn't disappointed. There were quite a few characters and that got me a little confused at times trying to keep up with all of them. But the war between good and evil doesn't have limits on how many people are involved, right? :)

The lead male, Zenriel is a man fighting within himself. He made me mad and I wanted to kick him and then kiss all his booboos better because he was also hoooooot...Eve is a tough broad with a hard past. She has her soft moments, making her totally relatable and likeable.

I wish I could give it more stars because it was a great read with great chemistry between the characters and HOT scenes with some fighting and was a great page turner, but I felt that with the names as different as they were, it was distracting. There were too many characters too keep up with at times, yet another down fall to me. But all in all I would recommend to someone looking for something hot and different.
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment