18 April 2014

GE Griffin Spotlight!

 When art student Seraphina Jones leaves her bag behind on a London tube train, little does she know this will change the course of her life. She initially brushes off the cute guy who comes to her rescue, but when he suggests a seemingly perfect solution to her problems, she decides to take him up on his offer.​

For L​ondon School of Economics student Jamie Starr, returning the bag he discovers the gorgeous babe sitting opposite him on the train has left behind gives him the perfect excuse to get to know her better. Jamie is not used to rejection from girls, but despite his best attempts, Sera remains intriguingly unreceptive to his efforts.

Cynical wealthy businessman Liam Starr is certain Jamie's good nature has been taken advantage of by a hard up art student. Liam doesn't believe in any of that love or romance rubbish, and he’s determined that a pretty face is not going to take his gullible baby brother for a ride.

But first impressions aren't always correct, and people aren’t always what they seem.

Please note British spelling used for this book.

Recommended for readers 18+ due to explicit sexual content and language.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20614419-starr-fated

I was really interested in this book based on the synopsis and the book cover. However, I felt a little wanting as I started reading. It is in a 3rd person POV and it flips all over the place, making it quite confusing at times. There are intense and heavy details that slowed the story down quite a bit. That being said there are some incredibly hot sex scenes. 

But I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here. We meet Seraphina in a railway in London. She is a college girl who ends up falling for Liam Starr, a rich, bossy, cocky man. But, she is a virgin (which I'm honestly a bit exhausted on because it is so over written right now) as a senior in college. 

It is resoundingly like 50 Shades, which is understandable considering the author has a 50 Shades blog. But I would've liked to see more differences and uniqueness in the story. And we are left with QUITE the cliffy so I am quickly running off to get the next book to see what happens!!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DVLLIYW/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DVLLIYW&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20   http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/starr-fated-g-e-griffin/1116227070?ean=2940045151719
Does running away ever really solve anything?
Well, it's the best solution Seraphina Jones can come up with, to erase Liam Starr from her life, and deal with her shattered heart after his betrayal.
But will Liam let her go that easily?
Initially caught off guard when his murky past comes back to haunt him, Liam fights to take back control of his life. Trying to regain Seraphina's trust becomes increasingly complicated when someone with a score to settle keeps raising the stakes, and winning back Seraphina turns out to be the least of Liam’s problems.

STARR Destined can be read alone, but recommended that STARR Fated is read first.

Suitable for readers 18+ due to language and sexual content.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20749930-starr-destined

After reading the first book, I had to quickly pick up this book to find out what happened after the cliff ending... SO glad I waited till the sequel was out!!

Anywho, this book is SO much better than the first for me. The characters felt more real and relatable to me. We watch as their relationship goes through normal everyday challenges. Liam is still his strong Alpha self but in this story he has to get through his difficult past to get his relationship with Sera to work. Sera helps him become a better man; only to have to deal with her own issues towards the end of the book.

I felt like towards the second half of the book things weren't as well written and a bit rushed but overall a good ending to a good series. 
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IOV7OVU/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00IOV7OVU&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/starr-destined-g-e-griffin/1118621027?ean=2940045684064&itm=1&usri=g+e+griffin
Wife, mother of three grown up daughters, and now an author. How on earth did that happen?​
I've always loved a good romantic story, and I've always had an over active imagination. And doesn't everyone have stories going round in their head all the time, to help them escape from boring mundane jobs, or the usual everyday life dramas? Apparently not, according to my very practical and down to earth engineer husband.
However, it wasn't until my youngest daughter flew the nest to head off to university, and I needed to find a way to overcome empty nest syndrome that I actually started writing these stories down.
So now I've finally written my first book - STARR Fated - an adult erotic romance which is due to be published in July 2013, with a sequel - STARR Destined - planned to follow.
I live in Surrey, in the South of England, where I watch the seasons roll by from the window of the little study where I sit and write.
Apart from writing, I love photography, and travelling to places where there are beautiful gardens and scenery to admire. But I think my favourite hobby of all is people watching. That, and more years of life experience than I care to admit to, are what I use to draw on when I'm writing.
 Website || Email || Goodreads

0 comments:

Post a Comment