23 May 2014

Breathless by Alex Morgan

Paranormal detective Corey Shaw, with abilities such as telepathy and clairvoyance, is summoned to Provincetown during the annual leather Mates weekend, when the naked body of a young man is found. He had been tied up and beaten before being strangled. The police say murder but Corey suspects a BDSM scene gone out of control. Searching the dungeons, he becomes immersed in the local scene and discovers a never-before-seen side of himself. In a sea of muscular leather masters and slaves, he realizes hidden urges in an environment where every fantasy can be fulfilled. He must set aside his desires and use his powers to locate the murderer before he kills again. Can Corey find him before becoming a victim to the ultimate BDSM fantasy of execution?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22033682-breathless

This book really caught me off guard. I went into it with a completely open mind and by the time that I finished it I was so shocked that it was over because I just wanted the story to go on. It was that extremely well done.
There were a lot of supernatural twists to the story, which ultimately came into play but while on one hand I did understand why they were added and what was going on, on the other hand I was wondering what the story would have been like without them.
I really enjoyed Corey’s character, but there were some times that I wanted reach through the kindle and smack him. He was really well written, everything about him was done extremely well. But then, I couldn’t figure out why it was he didn’t realize what was going on with Ethan. It was so obvious to me from the start; I could tell there was something up with him.

Corey’s history and his job was a really interesting twist. I really hope that the author will do more books about him and his co-workers in the future. Those will be some that I will definitely check out.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KBIWRIE/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00KBIWRIE&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20&linkId=3XIFGRY56JUBA3ZZ

1 comment:

  1. If you enjoyed the first Corey Shaw novel, I guarantee you'll love the second release, Murder at the Green Lantern. Currently my favorite of the Corey Shaw mysteries (I've had a chance to read them before publishing)

    ReplyDelete