26 May 2014

Doms of Dark Haven 2: Western Nights Spotlight!

 A Good sub Would... by Sierra Cartwright
Genre: BDSM Erotic Contemporary


Shelby, a wanna-be sub, hasn’t found a Dom strong enough to push past her need to be in control. Her experiences as a sub have been yawn-inducing. She’s fantasized plenty, though, about Trevor Lawton, one of Dark Haven’s legendary, mouthwateringly firm Doms.

As the stakes get higher at the charity poker match, Dom Trevor Lawton is fascinated by the woman kneeling across the table from him. Problem is, she’s not a good sub. Oh, she tries, and she’s lovely. But she’s not very good at following orders. The woman needs a firm, unyielding hand...his.


Hunting Holly by Belinda McBride
Genre: BDSM Shape-shifter Paranormal Menage
Related Titles: Educating Evangeline, part of the Doms of Dark Haven anthology


When Holly left the Truckee pack, she left her family, her safety, and the two men she loved. Now she's in San Francisco training as a Domme at Dark Haven. She thinks she's found herself, but tonight, Tex and Hunter have found her. And they are not happy with their little wolf. She's been keeping secrets from them. Tonight, someone's gonna beg.

Additional Publisher's Warning: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: anal play/intercourse, caning, sensory deprivation.
Welcome to the Dark Side by Cherise Sinclair
Genre: BDSM Erotic Contemporary
Related Titles: Master of the Mountain; Master of the Abyss; Simon Says: Mine, part of the Doms of Dark Haven anthology


Real Doms terrify her, so Summer plays with lightweights only. And only in the safety of her club, Dark Haven. But on Western Night, the tough cop who wins her in a sub-roping game is as powerful as they come.

Virgil's first taste of BDSM was disturbingly enticing. Hoping to burn out his interest, he visits an infamous San Francisco club, where he wins himself the prettiest little sub he’s ever seen. He’s in a quandary. A man shouldn’t render a woman helpless, let alone spank her ass. But the nervous little submissive clearly loves being in his ropes. Her need to be controlled is as powerful as his need to control. So he indulges himself, and her.

That one night could be the beginning, but instead it's the end. She won't play outside the club and he lives too far to come play. He'll just have to find a way to forget her...or get her in his ropes to stay.

Publisher's Note: All of the stories within this anthology contain explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: strong BDSM theme and elements (including/not limited to: bondage and spanking).
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10531200-doms-of-dark-haven-2?ac=1

Once again, I was completely shocked with how much I enjoyed all of these books! I can’t wait to start reading other books by these authors in the future!

A Good sub Would... by Sierra Cartwright
4 Paws
While this book started out as very predictable, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. I thought that the author did a great job with a story that it was kinda obvious what was going to happen, but still kept my attention to where I couldn’t wait to find out if I was right in what I thought was going to happen.
Trevor was an insanely strong character! It was so obvious right from the start that he was a strong man, but being able to read and find out more about him, it was insane. I really enjoyed his character because he was so well written and just an overall likeable character.
Shelby’s character was one that I was surprised at how much I enjoyed her throughout the book. I was sure that I wasn’t going to like her just from the way she was acting from the start, but she still grew on me throughout it all.
This story is one that follows along as Shelby learns what it’s like to be a real time sub, as opposed to just playing with her friends as one. It was a really good read, and I can’t wait to read more from this author in the future.

Hunting Holly by Belinda McBride
4 Paws
I feel with this story that I was missing a lot of the backstory in regards to Holly and Hunter. That is the big holdup for me as to why I didn’t rate it 5 stars because I was confused as to what had happened between them.
But besides that, watching as the relationship between Holly, Hunter, and Tex came around, it was great to see them all end up happy together. And for Tex to realize how big of an effect he had on both of them. I think out of all of them, my favorite character would be Tex because he was such a strong character, and he was able to help hold up both Holly and Hunter when they needed it the most.
There was still plenty of excitement that happened during this story, and it makes me really want to go and read more into this series!

Welcome to the Dark Side by Cherise Sinclair
4 Paws
I usually do love the stories that Ms. Sinclair has released in this series, as well as her other series; this one just didn’t really work for me as much as the other books did. I’m not really sure what it was about this story that was the drawback for me, but even taking that into consideration I did still enjoy it.
Summer is the character who we meet in Simon Says: Mine short in the previous anthology. I’m actually very glad that she was given her own story because I was left wondering about her after Simon Says: Mine ended. I do think that Ms. Sinclair did a really good job with Summer and her going back to Dark Haven after what happened to her. I just personally felt that after she met Virgil, she was willing to do things with him she wasn’t normally ok with. Don’t get me wrong, she did put up a fight with herself over it, but it just seemed to all work out to perfectly.
Now Virgil’s character was one that I feel a lot of people could connect with on a few levels. The back and forth between what he wants and what he thinks is normal is one that people deal with on a daily basis I’m sure. The only complaint that I had towards him was how he did keep going back and forth between being involved in the community, and not wanting to be part of it.
Overall though, I did enjoy the story, I am just left hoping that we will learn more about Virgil and Summer in the future. I really feel as though Ms. Sinclair could have written a full length story about these two characters.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CDD7DC/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005CDD7DC&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20&linkId=ZWVFN3RTUF3PL2HY   http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/doms-of-dark-haven-2-cherise-sinclair/1104953897?ean=9781611184105&itm=1&usri=cherise+sinclair   https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-domsofdarkhaven2westernnight-575836-340.html?referrer=52378e08e5757

0 comments:

Post a Comment