30 May 2014

Liv's Existence by B.L. Mooney

 First in a two part series.

Olivia

Ten years. Countless miles.

I thought I had run far enough away that he’d never find me. The man who destroyed my sense of safety and introduced me to the evils of the world came back looking for forgiveness. How can I forgive him when I haven’t forgiven myself? I look at his fiancée and wonder how she could love a man so cruel. However, the closer I look at her, the more I realize that maybe she doesn’t love him after all.

What has he done to her?
I have to find out.

Abigail

Many tears. Countless men.

I thought I’d found the one man who wouldn't break my heart. Two weeks before our wedding day, he came clean with his dirty past and shattered our future. He’s asking me to still love him, but how can I love a man so cruel? I look at the woman he destroyed, and I feel compelled to do everything I can to help her. I know what it’s like to be broken by this man.

Can I help her to live life again instead of just existing?
I have to find out.

Ages 18+ due to adult situations and violence. Some situations may be difficult for some readers.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19886803-liv-s-existence?ac=1

Let me start by saying that THAT was an awful ending and I mean awful as in "How could you do that to your readers Ms. Mooney?" not awful as in badly written. Fortunately I have the sequel and will be starting it immediately after I finish writing my review.

Liv's Existence is exactly that - the story of a woman who is simply existing after a life-shattering event a decade ago. Olivia does not live her life, she simply exists and as her story unfolds you figure out that her existence is so fragile that she has moved multiple times over the decade, anytime someone got close enough to threaten the tenuous hold she has on her existence. Her last move brought Kyle into her life and while she's still not necessarily happy, she does feel safe and cared for by him and his family, enough so that she stays there for three years, far longer than she had ever stayed anywhere. But her world comes crashing down on her when faced (literally) with her past.

As devastatingly heart wrenching as that scene was, it did bring Abby into her world. Abby proceeds to barrel into Liv's world and between her and Kyle's influence and support, Olivia starts to live again. When this happens, she feels deeply and because of this, Liv's Existence will be a difficult read for some. What was done to her was not pretty; she still feels the effects of it a decade later and the author does such a good job in portraying this that I found myself channeling her feelings and experiences and it was NOT a pleasant thing. As the story moves forward, Liv and Abby become closer, supporting one another as they face stressful situations in their lives. More importantly, Abby forces Liv to open her eyes to Kyle's feelings toward her and find herself wanting things she hadn't wanted for a decade and acting on those wants.

But as this is the first book in the series and I've already indicated that there is a cliffhanger ending, you know it's not all hearts and flowers ... but you'll have to read it to find out what happens - and make sure you have book two ready to go.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ID6YLI0/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00ID6YLI0&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20&linkId=XLESCQ7UTTSJ5ZQF   http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/livs-existence-bl-mooney/1118609572?ean=2940148250074&itm=1&usri=liv%27s+existence+by+b.l.+mooney

0 comments:

Post a Comment