03 May 2014

Payce's Passion, by Piper Kay

 It’s been seven years since Payce started his new life, and it was finally starting to feel comfortable…almost. But when his past catches up to him, Payce has to decide if he’s going to deal with the things he left behind, or if he’s going to keep running. When his friends, Damien and Dax need help, Payce is forced to confront the one person who knows him better than himself, Braxton and the one who made him lose everything he held dear, Aaron. Seeing them both could change everything for Payce. When past passions reignite, who will get burned in the end?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21841075-payce-s-passion?from_search=true

This book surely did start off with a bang, and it was an awesome bang let me tell you.
But then after that bang, the story seemed to slow down a bit for me personally. I think with how the author had the story start out that way, although it was COMPLETELY necessary, I almost wish that it wouldn’t have been that well done. Because after that happened, the story seemed to slow down for me.
Payce? Oh let me say this, I completely love that man. He came in with a bang (literally) and he kept the story moving and kept me turning the pages. It was great to watch as he interacted with his friends, and follow along with the drama between him and Braxton.
I did feel as though once Payce found Braxton again, the story seemed to focus on their relationship. More than the reason that Payce was helping Damien and Dax. But even taking that into account, it was still great to watch as both men were trying to deal with their history and see if they could move forward with a future together.
There is one character in this book that completely stands out from all of them and that would be Sparky. The author did an amazing job balancing his character with the others because when he was in a scene, he completely took it over. So I give her mad props for using the right balance with him and not having him in too many scenes, but just the right amount.
Overall though, I can say that I enjoyed this book and I really can’t wait for the next book in the series!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JJZTMGA/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00JJZTMGA&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20&linkId=ET6W2HAWT33ZOKFA

0 comments:

Post a Comment