30 May 2014

Sweet Filthy Boy Tour Stop!


 One-night stands are supposed to be with someone convenient, or wickedly persuasive, or regrettable. They aren’t supposed to be with someone like him.

But after a crazy Vegas weekend celebrating her college graduation—and terrified of the future path she knows is a cop-out—Mia Holland makes the wildest decision of her life: follow Ansel Guillaume—her sweet, filthy fling—to France for the summer and just…play.

When feelings begin to develop behind the provocative roles they take on, and their temporary masquerade adventures begin to feel real, Mia will have to decide if she belongs in the life she left because it was all wrong, or in the strange new one that seems worlds away.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18775297-sweet-filthy-boy?ac=1

I was really excited from the blurb to read this book, and I’m happy to report that the excitement was well deserved!
Mia and her two best friends have just graduated from college and decide to have a no holds barred vacation in Las Vegas, because you know that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! Mia’s not normally the type of girl to throw caution to the wind, but when she meets Ansel, she decides that maybe a fling is exactly what she needs…one night of freedom from her demons and her past.  What she doesn’t expect is to find such comfort in Ansel, who is heading back to Paris to begin his job in just a few days.  What starts as one night has the potential for so much more, will she continue to try and let go of her past in order to possibly gain a future?
Rarely do I read a book that lives up to all the hype, including the hype I create in my own mind from reading the description!  But honestly, this book was everything that I wanted it to be.  It was well-written, with likeable, engaging characters.
One of the things I was most impressed with in this story was the instant attraction between Mia and Ansel didn’t feel forced or manufactured.  They lock eyes across a club and BAM! Instant attraction.  But I enjoyed the hell out of it. 
And Ansel…oh lord.  I would have been angry if Mia hadn’t gone with him!  He’s sweet and genuine, but dominant where it counts.  He balances a great sense of humor with a serious side and the joy he finds in life was intriguing and infectious.  Quite simply, I loved Ansel. 
I think also with this genre that plots tend to become a bit predictable.  Where this story wasn’t predictable is that Mia and Ansel don’t have or find perfection with one another.  They work for their happily ever after, and I loved that about this story. 
Overall, I really liked this book!  I would highly recommend it.  4.5 stars.

I! LOVE! THIS! BOOK!!! There, I said it. I turned my review in late because I could not wrap my head around how much I enjoyed reading it. I could not figure out how to be witty and make my review both entertaining and informative, so I decided to go with straight out truth … I love Sweet Filthy Boy. Admittedly, I am not surprised. I am familiar with the writing style of Christina Lauren and knew it would be a good read because I am someone who has read most of the Beautiful Bastard series (yes, I said most, I cannot bring myself to finish it even though I own all the books because then it’s done – no, it’s not logical but I don’t care). However, I did not expect to have a smile on my face almost the entire time I devoured the book and let me tell you, six hours of almost non-stop smiling makes for some sore facial muscles and an appreciation for reading while alone so that no one was around to worry that I might be a bit manic.

But seriously, I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Sweet Filthy Boy. Mia and Ansel are great characters. I connected immediately with them – even faster than they connected with each other and boy were THOSE some hot connections. The chemistry between Mia and Ansel is intense, OMG hot, and unbelievably sweet. By sweet I mean that they communicate with one another so well that the understanding and acceptance of Mia’s needs by Ansel was beautiful. I loved that he was so accepting of her need to role-play at times during sex, falling right into character and never once making her feel silly about it or inept sexually. As if two great lead characters are not enough, the authors create a truly enjoyable cast of characters, from best friends to family members to the character(s) that you love to hate.

If you are a fan of Christina Lauren’s books, then you’ve probably already bought this and if you haven’t yet, then you need to ASAP – I cannot imagine you regretting it. If you have not read any of Christina Lauren’s books, what are you waiting for? These two authors have a wonderful gift of weaving a tale filled with love, laughter, smoking hot sex, and characters you enjoy spending time with so much that it will put a smile on your face … or at least it did for me. I am so looking forward to the next book in the series that I may actually be able to finish the Beautiful Bastard series because I now have a new Christina Lauren series to enjoy and look forward to. Thanks ladies.  
 
Lauren Billings (but everyone calls her Lo) has a Ph.D. in neuroscience and before she made writing her full-time job, would spend her days doing nerdy research-type things wearing a lab coat and goggles. She is silly Mommy to two littles, wife to one mountain biking homebrewing scientist, bestie to a shoe-stealer, and an unabashed lover of YA and romance.
Christina Hobbs (but you’ll always hear Lo call her PQ) used to spend her days in a junior high counseling office surrounded by teenagers. Married to the cutest boy in school, she has a thirteen year old daughter, is an unapologetic lover of boy bands and glitter, and also likes to steal Lo’s shoes.
You can follow their shenanigans at:
@lolashoes (Lauren) & @seeCwrite (Christina) on Twitter. On Tumblr! where we post kissing gifs and writerly stuff and Wattpad for short stories and sneak peeks!
For official information about their books, events, interviews, movie news and more, follow @beautifulbastrd.

0 comments:

Post a Comment