15 June 2014

Counterclockwise by K.C. Finn

Following the events of The Atomic Circus, Detective Caecilius Rex returns with a whole new mystery to solve. A series of stranglings spark a new intrigue for the young detective that is fraught with danger, along with an unlikely alliance and a startling discovery that will turn Rex’s world upside down. Continue the mysterious journey with the second volume in the Caecilius Rex saga.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18130778-counterclockwise?ac=1

I had read the first book in this series, The Atomic Circus, quite a long time ago, but I do remember that I enjoyed it quite a bit. So when I found this book on my kindle, I quickly started it and couldn’t put it down until I was done with the story.
Once again, I really enjoyed the world that Ms. Finn was able to create in this book. The attention to detail was done in just the right amount; I didn’t feel as though I was given too much information, but just the right amount. I’m still left wondering what the deal is with the fog, but I have a feeling that’s a mystery that I’m not going to have solved just yet. I believe by Ms. Finn adding that element to the story it adds something more to the book, it makes it so you want to keep reading to find out what exactly was going on in the world.
The characters I believe were really well done as well. Even the secondary characters were described in ways that made them stand out from each other. Once again, Ms. Finn does an amazing job giving the details but not going overboard. The different characters all seem to play off of each other quite well throughout everything that was happening.
My main complaint would be that the twist that happens at the end? I kinda had a feeling that was what it was. Don’t get me wrong, it didn’t distract me from the story at all, but I suppose I was just hoping for more of a shocker.
Overall though, I did still enjoy the book and I can’t wait to start the next one in the series!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DL4I6YE/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DL4I6YE&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20   http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/counterclockwise-k-c-finn/1117399162?ean=9781490515908&itm=1&usri=kc+finn

1 comment: