11 June 2014

Second Chance Tour Stop!

Adrian Wellington was beyond devastated when his wife, Shay, left him seventeen years ago without warning or explanation. She filed for divorce and left town, right when he needed her most. He’s

since opened his own thriving business and has been going through the motions of day-to-day life, but not really living. He knows there’s just something missing, or rather someone.

Shay Bradshaw ran from the love of her life with a deep, dark, unforgivable secret. She took the cowardly way out and just disappeared. She moved across the country and as far away from the Wellington family as she could get, and the only man she’s ever loved. She made a promise to herself to never be the person she was all those years ago. She took with her the secret that she thought was hers to bear alone.

When Shay is forced to move back home to care for her mother, naturally karma would choose that time for their worlds to collide once again.

Can lightning strike a second time seventeen years later and bring two destined souls back together, or will Shay’s secret destroy their second chance?

The truth, although not what is seems, will set your heart free.
add-to-goodreads-button31
Second Chance was a rare book that could carry the story with pure innocence, simplicity and love.  I was so in love with the story that the characters just added an extra benefit to the book.  We were witness to two people who risked it all to be together, only to have life and misunderstandings tear them apart. 
Adrian was bound for a great career in hockey; he had his new wife and a family that was supportive and proud.  Then one horrific event, took away everything but the family.  They were still there, protecting him but their anger was spilling over into all aspect of his life.  He recovered the best he could but had to find a new direction so he became skilled in construction and ended up with his own business.  Even his career didn’t take away the bitterness and sadness of being alone, without his wife or any other female that is until he is crashed into on the frozen pond by a curly haired woman named Shay.
Shay was the girl he married seventeen years ago.  She was his soul mate in life.  All of her dreams for the future involved him, until the same horrific event made their world crash around them.  Now being the target of his family’s anger, she left town to get a life of her own.  She would never forget what she lost that night, the guilt still eats at her but she knows she can’t go back.  Then fate calls she is needed home so she has to face the demons she left behind once again. 
What I loved most about this book was the forgiveness and love over powered the need for angst and drama that we see in so many books.  It would have been so wrong for them to continue to hate each other without finding out the truth because it was clear they loved each other seventeen years later.  When one piece of information is uncovered, it not only let’s Adrian know what happen, it frees Shay from the guilt that has been paralyzing her from living life.  Together they decide maybe they can start over again.  As usual with life, that was easier said than done. 
I haven’t read the first two books from this author but Second Chances has proven to me that I must.  I love the writing style in this book and the way the author not only created the scene but allowed us to join the family.  This book is a true inspirational read regarding how love and forgiveness can set you free in life.
I am an “Indie” contemporary romance author. I live in California with my husband and two teenage boys. I love being a stay at home mom. My husband and I enjoy wine tasting and camping with our kids with our four wheelers in the middle of nowhere, where you can find me with my pink Ryder BB gun!

Annalisa Author PicWe have a handful of pets, a dog named Lucy (who is in my books) and a guinea pig named Flufy (my son spelled her name that way) and a cat who adopted us many years ago and has never left. She is a spoiled outdoor cat with her own two story house and a heated bed.

I never liked reading as a kid. I only started reading romance novels in the past few years. My Kindle and I are inseparable now. A thought occurred to me in December of 2012 that maybe I could write a romance novel. So I went to work with the encouragement of my husband and my sister-in-law. It didn’t take long to figure out that I really enjoyed writing. 

Today I am a self published author and it has been an amazing journey. Email me at authorannalisanicole@yahoo.com

New Take A Chance Cover

0 comments:

Post a Comment