27 July 2014

The Binding of Adara by Selene Grace Silver

 Cursed to bear 12 sets of twins in 12 years by 12 different men? That is twenty-year-old innocent Adara Lane’s terrible fate until a reluctant warlock steps in, altering one significant part of the spell, thus creating a new destiny for both of them. Like the heroic knight from her childhood fairy tales, he rescues her at the moment the spell is manifested. While she’s grateful for his help, being bound to an overbearing, controlling, potentially violent man who may never love her, who despises what she is? Well...forgive Adara if she believes she would be better off had he just minded his own business and left the rescuing to someone else. But, this troubled knight-in-tarnished armor seems to need Adara as much as she needs him.

Bowie Marston knows he’s damaged goods. Home from a tour of duty in Vietnam, suffering shell shock, the young man discovers his family destroyed because he wasn’t in L.A. to protect them. After witnessing the senseless deaths of his comrades overseas, the death of his parents only deepens his disenchantment with the world. Blaming his parents’ murder-suicide on their involvement in magick, Bo vows to never use his own latent powers. It’s too late to rescue his family. On the other hand, it’s not too late to rescue a beautiful, young woman caught up in a web of danger. Knowing what he does about witchcraft, can he involve himself in a spell that spans a lifetime, a spell that ties him evermore to a powerful witch...and all her bless’ed offspring? Can he resist?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22607842-the-binding-of-adara?ac=1

I was really excited when Ms. Silver asked if I wanted to review this book since I had loved Brianna’s Bewitching so much. I couldn’t wait to start reading this book because of a couple reasons. Reason 1: I wanted to find out how Brianna and Jack were doing, and I was so excited that they still had a very important role in this book! Reason 2: The blurb got me. Plain and simple, when I read the blurb I knew that I had to read this story.
I was really pleased with how the story played out; I do believe that Ms. Silver did a great job at keeping the excitement and suspense going throughout the story. Even the smutty scenes that took place where done with elegance and class, they were not crude in the slightest. The characters were really well written and detailed. There wasn’t anything that I was left hoping for when it came to them.
There is a ton of action that happens in this book, and some of it kept me on the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen next. I do believe that Ms. Silver did a great job at keeping me drawn into the story, but still left me wanting for more.
The one thing that I am a bit upset about, hence why it’s not a 5 star read from me, is that I didn’t realize that there would be somewhat of a cliffhanger in the story. It’s not an insane one by any means, I just had a few questions that were left unanswered but I’m hoping that with the next book, those will all be told.
Overall, I completely loved this story and I really can’t wait for the next book to be released!

0 comments:

Post a Comment