07 August 2014

Hidden Intentions Tour Stop!

 Fun-loving Clara is keeping a dark and deadly secret from William, the love of her life.

Not because she wants to hide things from him, but because her story is so unbelievable he will probably think she’s crazy.

If she tells him, she could lose him. If she doesn’t tell him, she will.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22081161-hidden-intentions

I have not read the other books in this series, so I can tell you that this book can be read as a standalone.  I had no idea going into the mysteries contained within the characters, but I can say that it was an intriguing read that kept me guessing.
Clara has a big secret.  She and William have gotten to a point in their relationship where not only does he want to pop the big question, but also she must reveal to him her true nature.  Clara’s really worried about telling him, as she should be.  The question is, once William finds out her secrets, will he still be willing to stand by her side or will her past haunt her yet again and keep her from having a life with William?
So, there was a lot of drama in this book.  A lot of drama.  I have to admit that at times it really seems a bit forced, but overall I really enjoyed the storyline.  I thought Clara’s past was interesting and it kept me reading to find out not only how she and William would turn out, but what all of her secrets were as well.
The characters in this story were just ok for me, though.  Sarah’s backstory was intriguing, but overall she and William just seemed like characters I had read before.  While I enjoyed reading about them, I wouldn’t go out on a limb and call this an incredibly original paranormal romance, but because it’s well written I am willing to give it a bit more leeway.
Overall, this story was alright for me.  I finished it and was invested in the story, but it’s not something I think I’m going to look back on and remember that much about.  To me, it just kind of faded into the background of the plethora of stories I read all the time.  3.5 stars.

I found I was very interested in this plot and the characters. From page one, to be honest with you the author gave us just enough regarding Clara’s secret and her past to keep us engaged and turning those pages and that was a real bonus for me.  I really admired how she slowly yet with a very balanced style, started unfolding the mystery and we learned what it was that Clara was keeping so quiet.  I am not a fan of telling me early on there is a huge secret and then dragging it out till the end only to find out it was not even that important.  The author didn’t do that with this book, each detail exposed was done at the proper time and in the perfect amount to not spoil the story but keep me wanting more.
When she met William she knew there was a connection but there was no way she was going to expose herself to him till she was sure he was the one she was going to be with.  William came from a long line of lawyers and parents who would never agree for him to marry anyone.  When they returned from school William went to stay with his parents while Clara went to stay at a home that her missing cousin used to live at. 
Once William decides that he is going to purpose Clara is going to have to come clean with her secret.  Needless to say how William is going to react is a fear for her, especially after William found some pictures that was causing him massive confusion.  I can’t give more of the story away because it would spoil the experience for you but trust me you will want to finish this one to get the whole truth about Clara and her life. 
I enjoyed how she ended this book with more suspense and a chance for Clara to prove herself to William.  The whole book read very smoothly and kept my interest from page one.  The characters were created in a way that allowed the reader to connect and invest their emotions and hopes for the outcome of the story.  The only thing that I was a bit unhappy about was I didn’t realize that this was a paranormal book by the synopsis.  I am not a fan of paranormal genre but this book had already captured my attention by the time I found out it was paranormal.  So what was beginning to be a negative turned into a positive because I still finished it and really enjoyed the time I spent with William and Clara.    
I love writing, reading, and watching most anything paranormal. My favorite shows include Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, Fringe, Pretty Little Liars, and Once Upon a Time.
I’ve been writing and telling stories for as long as I can remember. As a kid, my story telling would get me into trouble when I would try to convince others that my stories were real.
When I’m not busy writing, I spend time with my family. I also run a home preschool and educate my kids from home.
You can learn more about my current and upcoming books at StacyClaflin.com. I’d love to hear from you!

Comment below to be entered to win an eBook copy of Hidden Intentions!
Giveaway ends 17 AUGUST!

0 comments:

Post a Comment