10 September 2014

George & Harvey Spotlight by Ashley John

When 32 year old married author George Lewis sees 19 year old Harvey Jasper reading one of his books in the local bookstore, he can't help but be drawn to him. After giving Harvey his cellphone number, he soon receives a call from Harvey asking if he can intern under George. Reluctantly, George says yes, and agrees to let Harvey into his home for a whole month.

As they spend more and more time together, Harvey shares his heart-breaking story with George and his eyes are opened up to a whole new world with whole new emotions. George soon discovers something he never thought he'd find in another man...love.

The Secret is the first in the George & Harvey series.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22457258-the-secret

This is one of those books, that I’m glad that I read because I think the series is going to be a great one, but at the same time, I felt a little disappointed at how the story progressed.  Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoyed the story but I felt like there was just something… missing.
I really enjoyed the characters though. I loved how completely different George and Harvey are!  I also enjoyed the different things that Mr. John brought into the story that did make it stand out more from some of the other books that I have read recently. I don’t want to give too much away because it is important to the story. 
I think that Mr. John making George and Harvey so different actually helped the story a lot.  It was a great balance between the characters so that it wasn’t a boring read.
"Things get SERIOUS with this book! So hooked on this series!"

THE TRUTH is the explosive second book in the sizzling ‘George & Harvey‘ series which follows George Lewis as he tries to decide between his wife and his lover.

After Harvey’s heartbreaking confrontation with his brother, Leo, he tries to pick up the pieces of his life, but he can’t decide where Leo and George fit in.

When George’s wife returns after spending months away looking after her sick mother, George must decide between his wife and his young male lover. Will Harvey finally get the man he loves? Will he find the family that he longs for? Will George be able to do the right thing and follow his heart?

Find out what happened after the heart-breaking cliffhanger in THE SECRET, only in THE TRUTH.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22595441-the-truth?ac=1
 

The issues that I had with book 1 in this series, The Secret, I didn’t have with this one at all.  Where book 1 seemed to be lagging a bit and missing *something* I found that I was actually reading through this book a lot quicker than I was with that one. 
There is a lot that happens, but at the same time, there isn’t.  I know that seems a little confusing, but once you start reading this book you will understand what I mean.  I did enjoy getting to know the characters a lot better, and in this book we get to meet Harvey’s brother as well.  And let me tell ya, he definitely adds drama to the mix.
During this story, there were some parts that did bug me, but I do realize they had to be added in order to make the story the way that it was.  But I can say, that this book definitely makes me want to read the next book in the series because I want to find out what happens next to Harvey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment