24 September 2014

Jackson's Sub by Mardi Maxwell

 A year ago Jenna Parnelle spent one night of passionate submission with Jackson Ramsey before he sent her away. He believed his jealousy would destroy their relationship. She believes he was slumming with the chubby girl from the poor side of town. A year later, irresistibly drawn to each other, Jenna agrees to be Jackson’s sub for three weeks, intending to get him out of her system once and for all while refusing to risk her heart again.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21454781-jackson-s-sub


We are now getting some insight to Jackson, Cade’s brother and Jenna, Addison’s best friend.  This being the second book in the series, I feel you could read it as a standalone and not be lost, but Cade and Addison’s story is so worth the time so I recommend you go in order for this series. 
Jenna was a chubby girl from the wrong side of the tracks when she met Addison in school.  Forming a strong best friend bond Jenna was automatically accepted into the Ramsey clan as Addison was.  Jenna has felt that spark with Jackson since she was a teenager and had a chance to seal the deal with him once by the river but he left. She had another chance at making him hers after a near death experience, but once again he walked away.  Now she is a sexy hot woman who has a career and is getting ready to move back to the small town she escaped from years ago.  Wanting to help Addison with her wedding means she is going to be in close contact with Jackson.  I found Jenna to be a resilient woman.  Being made fun of and gossiped about because of where she came from, she kept her head high and refused to let it defeat her.  She was the one person outside of the Ramsey’s that saw Addison for who she really was, not the spoiled brat that her parents didn’t want. She also knew that she was a natural born submissive trapped in a stubborn, head strong woman’s body.  This was going to be interesting. 
Jackson and his four brothers were adopted after their parents died.  The life he grew up in was abusive and saturated in drinking and drugs.  Being told he was just like the man he had grown to despise he vowed to never love a woman and if he did, he would make sure there was plenty of distance between them.  He knew after the river and pool events Jenna had his heart and it was going to crush her for him to abandon her but his fear of crushing her with his anger and genetics would have been harder to deal with.  Knowing that Jenna saw herself as the fat girl from the wrong side of the tracks ate at his soul, he wanted so much for her to see the beautiful woman she really was but the risks were too great. 
In this book we, as well as the brothers, learn the truth about their parents and the local law enforcement.  Knowing the truth now and seeing a tattoo that shocked him, was all it took for him to stake his claim on Jenna, but was it too late?  Jenna’s pain was deep but her love for Jackson could be deeper.  I loved watching these two navigate their way through the muck and craziness that they excel in creating.  They were funny and serious, infuriating and endearing.  Those two ran the whole range of emotions and brought the reader to their knees at time. 
While I love Cade and Addison, I do wish this book had been less on them.  It was nice to see what they are doing and how their life is progressing but at times it felt Jackson and Jenna were secondary characters instead of the prime focus.  I strongly suggest if you love hot BDSM reads with a twist of mystery and suspense you will find this series to be a favorite.  I am going to be starting the third book, Their Temporary Sub, next so make sure you keep an eye out for my review coming soon.  
I was born in Utah but I’ve traveled throughout America and lived in sunny California, hot and dry west Texas, and the mountains of Colorado. I wrote my first erotic romance in the summer of 2013. It was accepted and published that same year. Since then I’ve written three more books in the Doms of Club Mystique series. At this time I’m busy writing the fifth and final book in the series. My heroes are tough cowboys with military backgrounds and my heroines are strong, sassy and submissive. I like my readers to laugh, and cry, so I put a lot of emotion in my books as well as suspense and happy endings.  

Other than writing, I love to read, travel, garden, swim with my family, and go to the local drive-in movie with a carload of friends and a huge container of home-made cheese popcorn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment