24 October 2014

Tempt by Rene Folsom

Deep in the Shrouded Wood, on her way to her granny’s cottage, Rosetta is ambushed by an unseen force. Soon after, she finds herself plagued by strange dreams - visions of a large wolf and a seductive woman beckoning her.
Not knowing what to do with these dreams and the odd changes happening to her body in the waking world, Rosetta sets out to confront whatever lies in the Shrouded Wood, determined to discover the temptations within. But what she finds is beyond anything she ever could’ve imagined…or hoped for.
Get ready to dive into Rosetta’s world and enjoy a new twist on the classic tale of Little Red Riding Hood.
This Halloween, something sinfully wicked is coming your way. Give yourself a Red Hot Treat this fall with ten spine-tingling stories sure to warm up your night. Scary just got sexy with TEMPT, part of the Red Hot Treats multi-author series (stands alone for reading enjoyment).
Warning: This supernatural romance novella contains f/f adult situations and is meant for ages 18+.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23208901-tempt
The re-writing of the classic fairy tales seems to be a new trend as of late.  While I have read some that haven’t been that good, I have read others that have been really good.  In the case of Tempt, I have to say that it was one of the better re-writes that I have read recently.

Ms. Folsom did a really good job at adding enough twists and turns into the story to make it one of her own, but also kept to the original storyline enough that while reading it, you almost compare the two of them.  Like wondering what is going to happen next; you think you have it figured out but then *bam* she throws something in there that knocks you completely off course.

I’m not usually a fan of F/F stories, but I think that Ms. Folsom did a great job at those parts of the story because they were done very classy; there was nothing rude or crude about what was happening between them.  But speaking of the F/F part of the story, I did like how that caught me off guard! I was NOT expecting that to happen at all, but I loved the twist.

My only complaint about the story would be that I was left wondering about what had happened to Rosetta and the wolf.  So I really hope that Ms. Folsom does another book about them in the future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment