19 November 2014

Dirty Rowdy Thing by Christina Lauren

 Despite their rowdy hookups, Harlow and Finn don’t even like each other...which would explain why their marriage lasted only twelve hours. He needs to be in charge and takes whatever he wants. She lives by the Want-something-done? Do-it-yourself mantra. Maybe she’s too similar to the rugged fisherman—or just what he needs.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21411902-dirty-rowdy-thing?ac=1
They’ve done it again. The writing team of Christina Lauren has made my face hurt yet again with all the laughing and smiling I did while reading Dirty Rowdy Thing. Thankfully they tempered it with a little bit of angst and a couple of moments between Harlow and her mother that were so profoundly moving for me personally that they gave my smile muscles a break. But regardless of what part of the rollercoaster I was on, it was certainly one heck of a ride watching Harlow and Finn navigate the difficulties in their lives, use one another as a distraction from said difficulties, and eventually realize that they wanted more.

I absolutely LOVED Harlow. She’s feisty, funny, loving, and loyal – she’s the kind of person you want to count among your friends. And when the bottom of her world drops out from under her, she is left reeling and with no idea of how to find her balance. That it, until she finds her anchor in the last place she expected – her Vegas ex-husband, Finn. As Finn is dealing with the potential loss of his family’s livelihood, he’s got a lot on his plate and cannot even entertain the idea of a relationship with anyone. But he is more than willing to give Harlow the distraction they both need for one night. As one night turns into two and three and more, they agree to keep things physical – no feelings to muck up the sex. Not only was the sex H.O.T! hot, Finn knew just what to do to tie Harlow up in knots … literally. Oh my god I was not expecting the rope scenes and that was a REALLY nice surprise!!!

Dirty Rowdy Thing is a wonderful read that sucked me in from page one. I loved the interactions between over-sharing Harlow and the non-sharing Finn. Their chemistry was intense and that made their witty banter that much more entertaining. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series, but I must plan for a series re-read the next time so that I can get the full Christina Lauren effect. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment