01 November 2014

Stone, At Your Service by Rie Warren

 Hell on wheels meets Hell in high heels.

Bad boy mechanic Josh Stone likes to get his hands dirty any way he can—the filthier, the better. Ever since his wife walked out on him and their young son, he’s only had room in his heart for two loves: the kid and cars.

Roped into playing his best buddy’s gay boyfriend during a romance writers convention, the player meets the girl who’s gonna rock his world. Leelee Songchild. Shy, bashful, beautiful Leelee who blushes at the drop of a hat yet writes hardcore smut to rival Josh’s backlist of Penthouse Forum.

The only problem is his hands are tied. Josh can’t stab his old friend/fake lover in the back even though all he wants to do is take luscious Leelee to bed, and maybe, love her. When the truth comes out, all hell breaks loose.

Too bad romance is just for books.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22336924-stone-at-your-service?ac=1
Oh my goodness that was such a fun read! I freaking LOVE Josh Stone. Not because he’s sexy … and he is. Not because he’ll do anything for a friend … because he does. Not because he’s a take-charge, alpha male … and oh my lord is he ever. Not even because of the way he treats Leelee as he attempts to win her heart while trying to protect her from the world. The reason I love Josh Stone is for the way he loves his son. It was the sweetest effing thing I’ve ever read. I’m blown away by Ms. Warren’s ability to write such a multi-faceted character who was so heart-stoppingly sexy while being heart-breakingly sweet (yes, I’m making up words here) and making him believable.

And Leelee is just as great of a character as Josh. She’s vulnerable, unbelievably shy, witty, and drawn to Stone like a moth to a flame. Considering the reason for her previous breakup and her belief that Josh and Nicky are a committed GAY couple, her resistance in completely understandable … even if it’s futile. I absolutely loved it when she stood up to LaForge – both times. I felt frustrated for her as she fought her desire to be with Josh – thinking that he’s involved with someone and that he’s gay. The need to control their actions and responses when around one another resulted in some rather explosive sex scenes when they finally got together.

Ms. Warren has kicked off her Carolina Bad Boys series with a bang. Stone, At Your Service is an excellent start for the series. She has created a great cast of characters that I’m looking forward to learning more about in future books in the series. I was thoroughly entertained as I laughed and cried with Josh and Leelee. This is a definite reread for me and I am so looking forward to the next book in the series for Nicky’s story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment