24 November 2014

Three of Hearts by Kelly Jamieson

 Haylee Tremayne is tired of the road. The concert tour for Three of Hearts was a success, but she’s confused by the inexplicable tension between her bandmates, Ben and Lucas. She’s also ready to go home to her boyfriend in Nashville. Time off would probably help everyone relax, even if it is Christmas, a season with too many bad memories.

But right before their last concert, Haylee discovers she’s been dumped for a sexy girly-girl. Story of her life: all guys see is tomboy Haylee. At the after-concert party, she drowns her sorrows and—desperate to feel feminine for once in her life—asks Ben and Lucas for a threesome. And it’s just as sexy and fun as she hoped.

Back in Nashville, Ben and Lucas prove again and again that their first night wasn’t a mistake. But the tension between them is still high, and on Christmas Eve, their ménage takes a stunning turn. When it all falls apart, Haylee is terrified that their crazy relationship might cost them the band, their success, and worst of all, each other.

*********************

Twenty percent of all proceeds from the sale of this book will be donated to the It Gets Better Project.

The It Gets Better Project’s mission is to communicate to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth around the world that it gets better, and to create and inspire the changes needed to make it better for them. Visit their website for more information and to find out how you can get involved.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23391291-three-of-hearts?ac=1
This is a difficult review for me to write because I am still unsure how I feel about this book overall.  I liked the overall storyline, and the characters, but I still had a large disconnect between it all.
I did like Haylee’s character overall.  She was a very strong woman, but also at the same time she had a sense of insecurity to her.  Which I did think added to the story completely.  I don’t like woman who are all “super woman without any fears” because it’s not reality.  So I did enjoy that the author added that to her.
I thought the men’s characters, Ben and Lucas, were both really well balanced.  They each had their strengths and weaknesses as well.  I do think that they ended up being a really good match for Haylee, but I just felt like there was just something missing from the trio.  Sounds strange I know, but that’s just what it was like for me.
Overall, I would say that if you’re looking for a read in this genre, then you should really give this book a try.  Don’t let my disconnect stop you from getting this book.  I will be sure to read other books by this author in the future for sure though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment