23 February 2015

Beyond: Lynn B. Davidson

I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband of almost twenty years and two kids. If I’m not writing, it’s usually because I’m driving a carpool or volunteering at one of my kids' activities.
My favorite pastime is reading. I especially enjoy erotic romance, mystery, mainstream romance, science fiction, suspense, and young adult fiction.
I have dozens of story ideas dancing in my head. It will just be a matter of time, before I stop daydreaming about the characters and start telling their story.


Who in your personal life was the biggest supporter of your writing?
My husband.  He has been with me every step of the way, from ordering pizza for our family when I was under deadline to calming me down when I was on a ledge.  He also helps me with everything concerning technology.  I have to be walked through a process for me to be able to do something new with technology. 

Do you prefer quiet or background noise when writing? If background noise, what?
For the two books I have out, Golden Change and Golden Perspective I needed quiet.  In my current work, a contemporary erotic romance set in the lakes area of Minnesota I have a loop of soothing sounds in the background.

What is one thing you wish your readers could understand about the writing process?
I would want them to know how much love I put into each story and every character.

If your characters could come to life and be a real human, which one do you think you would get along with best and which one would drive you crazy first?
I think I would want to know Kylie from Golden Change.  She had such a strong voice in my head and she was such a delightful presence, so full of life and love.  Tyler might drive me crazy if I were the heroine.  I had a hard time hearing his voice given how reserved of a character he was.

When did you start writing and what was your inspiration?
When I look back at my childhood, I realize how many stories I wrote in my mind.  I spent hours playing with toy horses, imagining their lives.  A few years ago I wrote a few fan-fiction stories in the Clan of the Cave Bear world.  I think Jean Auel has been my inspiration for my sci-fi works.  In the world I created for my Zehave Gold stories I created a society with different sexual norms and customs to what we would consider culturally acceptable.  

Is there a genre or type of book that you love to read but could never write and if so why?
I love mysteries, especially those with forensics.  For some reason, mysteries are the one genre I love to read, but have no current story ideas for. 

Since you've been writing how much has the genre changed? Good, bad?
Since I am so new, I don’t know that anything has changed just yet!  As a reader though, I have seen a lot of changes.  I’ve been reading romance for 20 years and erotic romance for the past 5 or so years.  For the most part, I have enjoyed all of the changes, but admit that my favorites are the bodice rippers of old mainstream romance and a few of the edgier erotic romances from a few years ago.  I really like the drama and angst of the older romances. 

Seeing more and more authors going the "self-pub' route. Thoughts?
I think the “self-pub” route works for a lot of people.  I really wanted to try a more traditional model and if I hadn’t been picked up by Siren or another publisher probably would have left Golden Change in my folder for a few more years.  Self-publishing is harder than most people think, especially if you don’t already have a committed following. 

How much thought do you as an author put into your cover, cover models etc. And has that changed since you started writing. If so, have you or will you go back and re-do covers you’re no longer pleased with?
I give details to a cover artist, describing what the characters look like and they design the cover with my descriptions in mind.  So far, I have been really happy with my covers and probably wouldn’t change them.

What is the most intense scene you have ever written? Did you find it difficult writing that scene?
I think it was the first time I wrote a double penetration scene.  I didn’t find it difficult, but I wanted to make sure I got it just right.   

If you could write in any genre that you've never tried, what would it be and why?
A young adult novel.  My kids really would like to read something I’ve written. 

When thinking about writing any specific genre, what triggers your fears and insecurities the most?
Writing in general triggers my fears and insecurities!  Publishing feels like I am in my most vulnerable place.  I’ve put out work for people to read and criticize.  Every other job I’ve had, I’ve only been accountable to the people I report to.  I also realize that no one work will please every reader, so I don’t aspire to please everyone. 

When writing, what comes first? The characters or the plot?
A little of both.  I like to imagine different scenarios of character situations, but almost immediately characters form as soon as I imagine their challenge. 

Do you find that you write what you love to read? Or a different genre?
I love to read both in the genre I write and other genres.  I have found though that I can’t read and write at the same time.  If there is one down side to my being a writer is that I have less time to read. 

Do you ever write your own personal fantasies into your books?
Absolutely!  Writing has been a great way to explore my fantasies.  That being said though, I live in a monogamous relationship with my husband of almost 20 years and while we do like to role play we will not be adding in other partners. 

How much if any of your story line comes from real life people or events.
The emotions my characters have come from real life.  Sometimes from my own experience, sometimes from a friends.

How many times do you read what you wrote and think "where the hell did that come from?!"
So far that hasn’t happened.  I have had a character upset with me though.  Evie from Golden Perspective didn’t like the perception I had of her at first and stopped speaking to me until she and I had a little chat. 

Do you have to look at the keys when you type?
No.  Sometimes I do have a hard time writing as fast as my mind thinks! 

How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
I was always more concerned when I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit; and on the slitted sheet I sit.

What are you two favorite 80’s movies?
Meatballs and The Breakfast Club

Why are man-hole covers round?
Anything else would be too easy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kylie Duncan has had difficulty adjusting to living on a sexually permissive planet with her husband Aiden, but her hardest challenge is yet to come. Aiden found love in the most unexpected place when he broke his planet's traditions and married a woman from Earth.

When he informs her that he wants them to host a young man to live with them, for what he calls a “golden change,” she doesn’t hesitate. When she learns the young man will change physically, resulting from their sexual relationship with him she is shocked.

Jacob Hayden finds the couple intriguing and is surprised when he realizes that he is falling in love with Kylie and Aiden.

On this strange planet, will Kylie open herself to the possibility of loving more than one man, will Aiden allow his heart to be open to another person, and will Jacob find that the love he feels for them will overcome his societies prejudice?

Note: This book contains double vaginal penetration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evie and Tyler were captured as slaves and forced into intimacy by the captors. As time went by, they found solace and love together, but when they miraculously escape, Tyler must finally tell Evie the truth. He is a prince on his planet, and marriage with an Earth woman is unacceptable. He loves her, but he has to put the needs of his people first. Heartbroken, she understands.
Evie begins a new life on this alien planet, where she meets the gorgeous and loyal Dylan. Dylan’s single-minded pursuit and devotion convinces her that they can overcome their cultural differences, and love once again is possible. Tyler sees Evie falling in love again, and realizes nothing is more important than loving Evie.
Now he must win not one, but two hearts. Can Evie overcome her fears and learn to love these two men, and embrace the vibrant and sexual culture that would have all three of them loving one another?  
[Ménage and More: Erotic Futuristic Sci-Fi Ménage a Trois Romance, M/M/F, voyeurism, exhibitionism, HEA]
Note: This book contains double vaginal penetration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment