25 February 2015

Son of Death (Keepers of the Gods #1) by Nikki McCoy

 When Seth, a Keeper of the Gods, finds the two men he is destined to live eternity with, he must defy the very Gods themselves to save his mates and preserve the existence of man and love.

Discovering love with the one person who is fated to compliment everything that you are is blessing enough, but what do you do when another knight in shining armor sweeps you off your feet?

Jamie found a second chance at life when Loland rescued him from the ignorance and abuse of those who should have protected him. For years they struggled together to cope with Jamie's powers of precognition and his ability to absorb energy from living things.

After centuries of waiting for his other half, Seth finally met Loland, a man that embodied all he'd ever dreamt of in a mate. Meeting Loland's lover, Jamie, and finding that they are both his mates only made the pot sweeter. But while exploring the love they find as mates and the D/s relationships they crave, all three must challenge the will of the Gods and the twisted plans of Jamie's mysterious family.

Ultimately, Seth knows there is nothing he wouldn't do to save the lives and love of his mates.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11156216-son-of-death?ac=1
This book was recommended to me by an author who had read it and loved it.  So of course I had to get my copy!

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised when I started reading the book because, even though I had no expectations, I still knew that it was a paranormal with BDSM aspects and for me, I don’t usually enjoy those books.

I did love the characters that Ms. McCoy created – it was so easy to connect with Jamie, Loland, and Seth.  Each of them had their own separate personalities to the point where you could tell who was talking by just the way they were speaking.  When it came to Jamie’s character, Ms. McCoy did a great job at his panic attacks and his fears because it was so lifelike, it made me want to wrap him up and keep him safe from everyone.  Loland was a strong man, and you could tell that he was willing to do anything to keep Jamie happy.  Seth was just an overall strong man who, while confused at the beginning, was able to step up to the plate and show what he was willing to do for Jamie and Loland.

While this book may seem like it’s about the sexual relationship between the three men, it’s not.  Don’t get me wrong, there is still those parts in the book, but that wasn’t the main focus of the story.  I loved how I was able to get invested into the story and I just wanted to read more.

Now, with that in mind, the reason why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the last third of the book was very busy and slightly confusing to me personally.  I had to go back and re-read a few times just so that I was caught up completely with what was going on.

But, even with saying that, I can’t wait to start reading the other books in the series!

0 comments:

Post a Comment