03 March 2015

BAMF by S.J.D. Peterson

 With his fauxhawk, sleeve tattoos, and visible piercings, Ridley Corbin has the whole bad ass vibe going on in spades. The image serves him well as the self-proclaimed protector of the underdog, and he wants nothing more than to be Alex Firestone's hero.

Alex, a mild-mannered library assistant, has moved to Slater, a quiet college town, hoping to hide from his past. He keeps to himself, but that doesn't save him from catching the unwanted attention of the campus bully. But not all is as it seems. Alex's past comes calling, and it's time he becomes top dog.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22045791-bamf?ac=1
I started BAMF with the audiobook version, but quickly came into some issues – the narrator can make a break an audiobook and for me, the narrator broke it. He made the book sound so boring that I decided to switch to the ebook to see how I felt. I really enjoyed the story, once I’d switched.

Ridley loves to save people. He was picked on as a child and now stands up for those who have the same problem. He also has a crush on the guy who works in the library. The thing is? Alex doesn’t even seem to notice he exists. Not one to give up easily, he keeps showing up. Until Alex finally agrees to go out with him.

This isn’t a simple boy meets boy story. Instead, Alex has secrets he is hiding from and when those come out, Ridley’s protectiveness comes out…only to find out that there is more to Alex than meets the eye.

I loved that this wasn’t a simple story. They both have reasons for being who they are and I absolutely loved who Alex turned out to be. The ending I also enjoyed, though I did feel sorry for Ridley’s parents. The story itself is worthy of 4 stars, but since I agreed to review the audio version, I have to say, it was a 2-star. The narrator actually made the story sound slow and boring to me. So, overall, BAMF has 3 stars.
AudioBook Rating: 2 stars

Story Rating: 4 stars

Overall Rating: 3 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment