18 March 2015

Double Take by J.K. Pendragon

 Studying magical science at the prestigious Kemet Academy is a privilege and dream come true for Teka, a poor student from D'mt. But focusing on school doesn't mean xe can't also admire Hasani, the handsome graduate student overseeing Teka's work.

Then late one night at the school library, Teka runs Hasani and is completely astonished when the stern, quiet man xe knows by day acts so flirty and casual, it's like he's a different person. When the late night encounter leads to dating, Teka can scarcely believe xyr luck.

But the luck plays out when xe discovers why Hasani seems so different between night and day, a discovery that seems to have no resolution except heartache…

Warning: This story contains incest
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23459834-double-take?ac=1
This was a very… different book that anything that I have read.  It does have a taboo subject, there is incest between brothers, but it wasn’t done in a trashy way and it wasn’t the main focus of the story either.

I did enjoy how different the story was, it really wasn’t what I went into it thinking it would be.  I did enjoy the twist of the magical training that was taking place.  And I did also enjoy the other twists that happened throughout the story. I don’t want to say too much because I don’t want to give away anything that happens in the story.

But I will say this, I was shocked by the story, but I did enjoy it. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a quick read.  But be sure to go into it with an open mind!

0 comments:

Post a Comment