08 April 2015

Jake (Kinky in Kansas #1) by Bea LaRocca

 When Jake Campbell lands his dream job as ranch-hand in training at the Striker Ranch, more than one dream comes true for the handsome young cowboy.

Jake has never told anyone that he’s gay, but the powerful physical attraction that he feels for the foreman, Jackson Stone, and his right-hand man, Nate O’Connell, leave no doubt in his mind that handsome, muscular men do it for him. They’re probably both straight though, I mean, most guys are, right?

Jake decides, better to keep his desires to himself, than risk being rejected, ridiculed, or worse. So, he keeps his mouth shut and waits. He doesn’t have to wait long as Jackson makes his own desires known at the first opportunity. Thrilled to learn that Jackson and Nate are together and that they both want him to join them, he eagerly embarks on his first sexual adventure. How can they build something more when trouble keeps coming their way?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23525656-jake?ac=1
Have you ever started a book and felt like you were starting in the middle of something?  That was the case with me and this book.  It started off with a huge bang, but I just couldn’t stop feeling like there was so much that I was missing, and it threw me off for the first few chapters.

Now, even with taking that into consideration, I have to say that I did still enjoy the story.  I haven’t actually read a lot of MMM books, but I was pleased with how this one played out.  I thought it had a great balance between sexy-times and action.  Which kept the story going for me personally.  I also feel like Ms. LaRocca did a great job at making all of the characters completely different, yet they were still able to work together as a trio. That did make that part of the story more believable for me personally.

Overall, I did enjoy this book and I will be sure to look for more in the series in the future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment