30 April 2015

#Throwback: Stroke Rate

 Lucien Thorne likes to be in control, but the boy he wants to own may take some convincing.

Gorgeous but shy, Benedict Astor does his best to keep a low profile at the rowing club where he works. However, unbeknown to Benedict, he has attracted the attention of Lucien Thorne, rowing aristocracy, an Olympic medallist and a Lord.

Whilst looking for a new rowing partner, Lucien believes he has found what he needs in Ben. He pushes him to his limits on the water and it becomes clear that rowing with the pretty young man is not his only interest. Ben is attracted to Lucien but confused about his feelings. Lucien is demanding, arrogant and dominant—which Benedict responds to even though he feels he should resist.

Fighting emotions he doesn’t understand, Ben has to contend with the bullying rowing club president and a humiliating auction of promises.

Lucien recognises Ben’s hidden submissive streak and makes his own need for control very clear. He bids for Ben’s time and then forces Ben to admit to his own desire to test the ground between them.

When the deeds to the boat club are gambled away, Lucien and Ben must work together to save it. Will their growing love survive the pressure, Ben’s uncertainty and Lucien’s desire to own him completely?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17317084-stroke-rate?ac=1
This book is one that is hard for me to review.  Did I enjoy it? Yes, I really did.  But I kept feeling like I was missing something while I was reading it.
Don't get me wrong, I really loved being able to follow along with Lucien and Ben's relationship.  I really enjoyed how Lucien made sure to draw the line and that he made sure Ben realized that he had a choice in everything.  That part I did really enjoy.
There was a sense of predictability that went on throughout the book as well, and at the time I really enjoyed that because I was hoping for a book that was an easy read, and not something that would have me all over the place.
With that being said, I'm still not 100% sure how I felt about this book.  I can't see myself re-reading it in the future, but I can still see myself reading more from the author in the future.
I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a semi-quick read, that does have it's entertaining parts.
Lucinda lives in a small village in the English countryside, surrounded by rolling hills, cows and sheep. She started writing to fill time between jobs and is now firmly and unashamedly addicted.
She loves the English weather, especially the rain, and adores a thunderstorm. She loves good food, warm company and a crackling fire. She's fascinated by the psychology of relationships, especially between men, and her stories contain some subtle (and some not so subtle) leanings towards BDSM.


You can follow me on Twitter @lmsomerton
or friend me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/lmsomerton.
You can also find me at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/lmsomerton and at
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/lmsomerton
At http://pinterest.com/lmsomerton you’ll find Boards showing the inspirations and locations for my books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment