29 May 2013

Heart Like an Ocean, By Christine Steendam

In a society where she doesn't belong, Senona Montez, a strong-willed and free-spirited woman refuses to follow the path expected of a Don's only child.

On the eve of her marriage to a stranger, she saddles her horse and flees everything she knows, only to discover the petty concerns of society did not prepare her for the harsh life on the open sea. She finds an unlikely protector in a reckless privateer, Brant Foxton.

Straddling the worlds of independence and privilege in 1600's Europe, this captivating man challenges her in ways she never thought possible, shows her what living to the fullest really means, and allows her to follow her heart wherever it leads.



                I haven’t read a Historical Romance in a while, as you can tell from all the reviews that I have been posting, but when I was asked to do a review for Christine Steendam’s book Heart like an Ocean, I couldn’t pass up that opportunity!

                I personally use to read historical romances all the time; they were my favorite type of book.  But like with many books these days, it seems as though you are reading the same book over and over.  In the case of this book, there were so many twists and times that I was caught off guard, that even when I had to take a pause to do something else, I couldn’t stop thinking about this book.  I couldn’t stop wondering what would happen next.

                Senona’s character was extremely well written, in my opinion.  You could tell how upset she was when things didn’t seem to be going her way.  She did the one thing that she thought she could do, and ran away.  That showed her strength in realizing that she needed to get away from the life she had, and start a life of her own.

                A man bent on saving her from a future that he wouldn’t wish on anyone, Brant kidnapped her to keep her safe.  What starts as a friendship develops into something more.  But the history always seems to come back when you least expect it to, and we have to wonder if history will repeat itself.

                The story line of this book will bring tears to your eyes, a smile to your face and at times even make you laugh out loud.  Christine was able to take a story that has been told before, but add her own twists to it and make it her own.

                I am really happy that I did get to read this book and I can’t wait to read more from Christine in the future!


This book is currently $2.99 US Dollars on Amazon.

To purchase your own copy of this book, just click the picture above and it will take you directly to the US Amazon page to buy your own!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment