20 July 2013

Captive Hearts Series, By Danielle Taylor

Book 1 in Series!

It doesn't need to be Christmas to read this steamy novella...

When her life seems to be falling to pieces, Hannah Magnus decides to spend Christmas away from her Vancouver home. She crosses the border into Washington State and locates the idyllic cabin that will serve as her home for the next two weeks.

Mackenzie Dunlop is a man of action and reaction. A creation of his past and his profession. When he travels to the cabin he'll be in until the repairs on his house are complete, there's a surprise waiting...and Mac loathes surprises.

Thrown together in the least likely of circumstances, Mac and Hannah find solace in each other after a harrowing event. But once they leave, will they be able to get on with their lives apart?

Captive at Christmas contains material and actions suited for those aged 18+
Complete novella at approximately 41,000 words


Review Time:

Crystal's Review:

                I’m not sure what I would do if I was in the bathtub and someone was pointing a gun at me.  Ok that’s probably not the complete truth.  I would more than likely pee myself, but since I was in the bathtub they would never know ;)  Well that is what happens to Hannah, and I have to say she is crazy strong and not in the physical sense.  Even though she is scared for her life she makes sure that Mac, or John as she knows him, doesn’t realize that.  She shows her strength and compassion when she gives her life to helping others in need.  

                Mac is confused as to what is going on, and why there is a woman in his rental.  Having been in the war, he is paranoid about everyone and everything.  I really liked how Danielle wrote his character.  You could tell that he has PTSD and was freaking out over everything, but I think that she wrote him very well.  You could tell his soft side though, when he did that amazing thing for Hannah.  I think I even fell for him a little bit then.

                The story overall was really well done, and it didn’t leave you wanting for anything.  My only issue with the book is how Hannah was able to get past that Mac had lied to her.  She didn’t put up that much of an argument when the truth finally came out.  There were no cliffhangers, which is always a great thing in my book.  Well there was a little one, sortaish.  It would be nice to find out more about what happens to Mac and Hannah after the story ends, but there isn’t anything that leads you to another book. 
 

Currently 99 CENTS on Amazon.
Click cover and then 1 click!

   


Book 2 in Series!!

 
 
With evil lurking on every corner, can two veritable strangers survive on love alone?
 
Chelsea Reid shares one sinful night with a delicious stranger and she winds up pregnant. Disowned by her parents and forced to leave university, she accepts an offer from her boss, Hannah Magnus-Dunlop, to stay with her and her family.
Christiaan ‘Tiaan’ Carstens had everything going for him. In the blink of an eye, he lost it all, including most of his mind, tortured in an American run facility because he didn’t die when a rogue politician wanted him to. His former colleague Mackenzie Dunlop extended an open invitation to come back and visit him in Vancouver. The very last thing Tiaan expects to see up north is sweet Chelsea - and his infant son.

The memories of that one magical night they spent together acting as the glue that holds him together, Tiaan attempts to string the rest of the pieces of his life into some form of semblance, while trying to figure out if Chelsea even wants him in her life.

Complete Novella at approximately 41,000 words
Intimate Strangers contains material and actions suited for those aged 18+

Review Time:

Crystal's Review:
                Have you ever met a character that you really really liked and then you realized he was a complete jerkface?  Yeah that happened with me and Christiaan, I still have a love/hate relationship with him.  Even thinking his name while I type this up gives me mixed feelings. (Yes I just rolled my eyes in case you were wondering.)

                Anyway this story was really good on a few levels.  I enjoyed the fact that even though this story is about Chelsea and Christiaan we got to catch up with Mac and Hannah.  That was great to me, and they didn’t take over the story at all.  They were just there to help support their friends.

                Chelsea was an amazing character, even though I completely loved Hannah in Captive at Christmas, I think that I love Chelsea more than her.  Going through what she had went through, and still coming out on top was just a great thing for her.  She showed strength where she needed too and was still fighting to keep herself on top.

                Christiaan worked his way back out the hate part of our relationship a little bit after finding out more about his past.  I can’t imagine going through what he went through, I wouldn’t want too on any level.  Even though he had his bad moments, when he knew he needed to step up to the plate he did without any real complaints.

                The relationship between the two of them was really good.  The sex? Oh the sex was freaking hawt!  I mean really really hawt.  Overall I do think that including the drama that this book had, it was still a really good read.  I can’t wait to read more into this series!


 
Currently $1.99 On Amazon.
Click cover and then 1 Click!

0 comments:

Post a Comment