07 July 2013

Driven, By K. Bromberg


Rylee Thomas is used to being in control. But she’s about to meet the one man that just might make her enjoy losing it…
 
I am the exception to the rule.
 
In a world full of willing women, I’m a challenge to the roguish and achingly handsome Colton Donavan. A man used to getting exactly what he wants in all aspects of life. He’s the reckless bad boy constantly skating that razor thin edge toward out of control, on and off of the track.
 
Colton crashes into my life like a tornado: sapping my control, testing my vulnerabilities beyond their limits, and unintentionally penetrating the protective wall around my healing heart. Tearing apart the world I rebuilt so carefully with structure, predictability, and discipline.
 
I can’t give him what he wants and he can’t give me what I need. But after a glimpse beneath his refined exterior into the dark secrets of his damaged soul, can I bring myself to walk away?
 
Our sexual chemistry is undeniable. Our individual need for complete control is irrefutable. But when our worlds collide, is the chemistry enough to bring us together or will our untold secrets and battle of wills force us apart?


Review Time!!!
Crystal's Review:
                You know a book is good when you are sitting in the waiting room of your doctor’s office and you almost give the other people waiting a heart attack because you start yelling at the book! (Not that that happened to me…. *looks the other way*)

                I have to say completely and honestly, that with this being K’s first book, I was expecting a few errors, and just the story overall not making that much sense.  Or even the book seeming like the many other books that are being published lately.  So I was EXTREMELY surprised while reading this book how WELL it was written!  Yes there were some parts that have been used a lot in other stories, but in all honesty, you can’t write a book now a day without something having already been said or done in a previous book.  

                Rylee is your typical girl next door sweetheart, who has her past and is trying to move on with her life.  But she isn’t even really doing that, as her friend will tell you.  Unable to move past what happened to her, she devotes herself to work.  She is an extremely strong character, she gives back to the community and she will do anything to help her cause.  Even after reading this book, I think she still has some secrets hidden that haven’t come to light yet.  And if that’s the case, I am very happy about that!! I really hate when you’re reading a series and all the secrets are revealed in the first book.

                Colton, oh Colton.  He is hot, I will give him that.  But I have complete mixed feelings for him.  He is a complete jerkface!  Although he has his redeeming qualities, he still has his mean side.  I’m unsure if I really like him, beyond his appearance.  I can’t wait for the next book in the series to see if we can find out more from his past.  So I will reserve my judgment until then!

                All in all, I do have to say that I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a new read!!!

This book is currently $3.99 US Dollars on Amazon.
Just click the cover and then 1 Click to a New Read!!!

  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reviewing Crystal...and it's okay to yell at your Kindle...I know I do :-) ....glad you enjoyed Driven and I can't wait to share Fueled with everyone on August!

    K.

    ReplyDelete