24 July 2013

Emerge, By S.E. Hall

Laney Walker is a quick witted, athletic, southern tomboy who lets few get too close, using her sarcastic zingers to deflect. She also has no idea how others view her since Evan, her best friend, has coveted her since they were children. But college puts a gap between Laney and Evan that neither of them were prepared for- old relationships are tested, new ones are formed and nothing will ever be the same.
 
Especially when in walks one Dane Kendrick, not at all the familiar, southern charmer of home, but an animal all his own.
 
A story of growing up, friendship, loyalty, first love, primal love...and life.
 
N/A Coming of Age- MATURE audiences.


 Crystal's Review:

                In an effort to be completely honest with this review, the first part of this book I did NOT like at all.  To me it seemed as though it was just like a few other books that I have read recently.  The best friends end up together, then they are separated, and then they break up.  One wants to stay with the other but the other moves on.

                I do have to say however that about the halfway point in this book, I was addicted.  I just couldn’t put the book down because I wanted to find out what was going to happen next in the story.  Now while I’m sure there are parts of this book that you will read and have the thought that you have read this story line before, the twists that were put into this book were amazing to me.  Seriously, I did not see them coming.

                Laney’s character, I still have mixed emotions about after reading this book.  I can understand where she is coming from to a degree, but then again half of what she is going through she did to herself!  Seriously girl, you need to make up your mind and then send the other guy my way.  Evan seems like the typical guy, takes advantage of the girl believing that she will always be there for him no matter what.  But you can tell he has a soft heart and he truly cares about Laney.

                With Dane, he seems like the type that knows what he wants and goes after it.  Oh wait, he is because he tells you so!  I am unsure as to my feelings towards him.  I think that he is just playing Laney, but I guess we will see come the next book.

                All in all, I did end up enjoying this book and I would give it a solid 4 paws on my end!
 
Currently $1.99 (at time of posting)
Click the cover and then 1 Click!

0 comments:

Post a Comment