04 July 2013

Overlord's Chosen, By Bronwyn Green


Elizabeth Louden has been chosen to provide Micah Bleddyn, the Overlord of Maelgwn, with an heir. However, she’s not interested in the honor. In a land where only men are allowed to use magic, women found to possess supernatural abilities are punished—often by death. She knows it’s only a matter of time before her secret is revealed.
 
Micah has no desire to rule his father’s empire, but after his older brother vanishes, he has no choice. Faced with invading forces, treachery among his own people, and now, a mate hell-bent on escape, he’s had enough. Realizing they have no allies but each other, Micah and Elizabeth reach a reluctant truce in their bid to stay alive and keep Maelgwn safe.


Review Time!!!

Crystal's Review:

                I always have this fear; I guess you can say when it comes to reading a new author; even if they come very highly recommended from a friend of mine.  I worry that what if I don’t like their books? Then what do I do?  Do I tell my friend that they are crazy and why would they waste their money on these books?  If I did that, then I would be a horrible person I think.  I sure wouldn’t want a friend to tell me that about one of my favorite authors.  So it’s a very fine line between reading a friend recommended book.

                Thankfully, I didn’t have to worry about that with this book.  Bronwyn’s story in this book was something that I’m very glad I read.  I completely enjoyed this book and was so glad that I could read it without interruptions, because I think I might have yelled at the person who bugged me!  A story that takes place in a world that is not our own; where magic does exist and it’s relished upon.  But also a world that women are beaten and abused, some are forced into hiding because of their powers, and where some women are forced to choose between their child and their husband.

                Elizabeth’s character shows strength where many would not.  She is willing to run away from everything just to keep herself safe.  Put in a position that many women would love to be in, she tries to run away again and again.  I really enjoyed her character, with her comebacks and her willingness to face punishment to keep her friend safe.  When the truth comes out about her childhood, I was scared for her and wondering what would come to play in the future for her.

              Micah was HAWT.  I’m sorry no other way to word things.  He was hawt.  But not only that, he had the hidden strength as well.  He was unsure if he even wanted to be Overlord, but decided that he would do it to the best of his ability.  Even if that meant going against all the old traditions.  While fighting with Elizabeth on a daily basis, he was still able to show his softer side.

                There are some questions that I have left open.  I hope that they are answered in the next book, so payday hurry it up!

                The storyline to this book was extremely well done; the writing was even better.  I couldn’t put it down once I started it.  And even now, I’m waiting until I can get the next book in the series because I just have to know what happens next!  (There wasn’t a cliffhanger in this book, but the next book is about 2 characters in this one that I HAVE to know what happens to them!)



This book is currently $5.99 US Dollars on Amazon.
Just click the cover and then 1 Click to a new read!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment