05 July 2013

Shine Not Burn, By Elle Casey


***CONTENT WARNING: Due to adult sexual situations and language, this novel may not be appropriate for readers under 18.***

 


IT HAPPENED IN VEGAS. I can't be held responsible. Things that happen there are supposed to stay there, right? Right? Yeeeah. Not so much.
Andie's just days away from tying the knot, but there's just ooooone little glitch. Apparently, she's already married. Or someone with her name is married to a guy out in Oregon of all places, and the courthouse won't issue her a marriage license until it's all cleared up. Tripping her way through cow pies and country songs to meet up with a man who gets around places on horseback is her very last idea of how to have a good time, but if she's going to get married, make partner at the firm, and have two point five kids before she's thirty-five, she needs to get to the bottom of this snafu and fix it quick ... before her fiance finds out and everything she's been working toward goes up in flames.


Review Time!!!
Crystal's Review:

                I am a total sucker for romance stories.  It might be because I have a completely boring life, and get to “escape” in the stories, but romance (not erotica) always holds a spot in my heart. :D


                I have never heard of Elle Casey before, but trust me, after reading this book; I will be stalking her books and buying them as soon as I can afford it!  Elle has a way of taking a romance story; adding some spice (ok A LOT of spice!), some drama (just the right amount of drama), humor (had me LOL’ing for realz!), and of course the suspense (it killed me!) in this book.  While she had all of those aspects, it added so much to the story, instead of distracting from the story line.


                “Do you want me to hit you?” he asked.
                I looked at him aghast, wondering what rule I’d broken so badly that I needed to be physically abused over it.  “NO, I don’t want you to hit me.  Do you want me to hit YOU?” I stood up, ready to defend myself.  This was the worse customer service I’d ever experienced in my entire life.  He was probably pissed off that I had half the aces.
                The old man put his hand on my arm.  “He wants to know if you want another card.  That’s a hit.”

                Now you get what I mean with laughter?  Oh and that’s not even the BEST line (in my opinion) out of the whole book, but I just couldn’t share it with you.  I’m mean like that you know gotta give you something to read for!

                Anyway, the characters in this book were extremely well written.  They each had their own story and life that they brought into the story.  While there were quite a few of the secondary characters, it seemed like after they had “said their part” they would go back into the background and let Mack and Addie have the stage again.

                My only complaint with this book was that some parts of it were predicable, but even taking that into account, it was still a great read!  Ok it’s a MUST READ!!!  Check it out now while it’s still on sale!!!
 
 

This book is currently on SALE for 99 PENNIES!
Click the cover and then 1 Click to this MUST READ!!!

2 comments: