13 July 2013

Sensuous Summoning, By Bronwyn Green


While casting a protection spell, Rowan Spencer gets the shock of her life. The spell goes very, very wrong, and she accidentally summons an ancient Celtic god.

A gorgeous, naked god.


Until Gwydion’s duty is complete, he’s bound to the human who summoned him. But as the poisons of earth drain him, he finds binding Rowan for his pleasure is sensuous task he’d enjoy for a lifetime—a lifetime that isn’t theirs to have.


Review Time:

Crystal's Review:

                If you are looking for a quick, steamy paranormal read, then this is the book for you.  The sex that takes place is amazingly written, it’s not crude or anything like that.  There is also a story that takes place before and after the sex happens.

                While the story was good itself, I was left wondering more about the backstory of each of the characters.  I am unsure if this is a series book, or a standalone.  It felt as though the character’s lives started when the book started.  You find out a little bit of Rowan’s back story, or at least about her family, but besides that there isn’t anything there.  The same goes for Gwydion, we know that he is a god who was summoned, but we know nothing else of his history.

                I think that if there would have been more added, this story would have been even better than it was.  But like I said earlier, if there is another book in the series that could answer those questions, then I need to get it!



Sara's Review:

 When I first got into to romance/erotica, it was through a series of books where the heroes were Gods and/or had God-like powers.  I still have a soft spot in my heart for paranormal romance, I think it’s fun and sexy, and in this respect, Sensuous Summoning did not disappoint.

Let’s face it, if you’re going to have a sexual fantasy, it may as well be a muscled, handsome deity. How can you do better than a God?  Because you know his God prowess is going to translate to bedroom acrobatics, and then you won’t just be yelling “Oh, God” because it’s a cultural vernacular, if you know what I mean (wink, wink).

In Sensuous Summoning we meet Rowan.  She’s trying to protect her family’s land, which is doing to be developed into a new subdivision.  Because you know, the world needs more subdivisions.  She attempts a protective spell and instead, she summons Gwydion, the aforementioned Grade-A sex God.  Together, they try and find a way to stop the development and save the land, and end up in bed together (I’d be disappointed if they hadn’t because, as I’ve pointed out, he’s a GOD).

I have to say, I did enjoy this book.  I liked the characters, especially how Gwydion refers to Rowan as a wench through most of the book (tee-hee) and Rowan is snarky and independent.  It just works between them, and is fun to read.  My one wish for this book is that it was longer.  I really would have liked to see the plot more developed, as well as the relationships.  It had a lot of promise, but it needed a bit more to be satisfying for me as a reader.  However, I felt it was well written and easy to follow, so I give this book a solid 3.5 stars.  I’m intrigued to read more from this author!





 This book is currently $3.99 US Dollars on Amazon.
Click the cover and then 1 click to a new read!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment