10 August 2013

A Beautiful Lie, By T.E. Sivec

USA Today Bestseller

"There is no doubt in my mind that this author nailed this genre! This book had it all. It was intriguing, romantic, suspenseful and not only that but this felt like more than a story, this book was like an adventure on pages and it was a journey I was on all the way!" - Totally Booked Blog

"I did not love A Beautiful Lie. Nope...I more than loved it! I fell so hard I hit something I didn't see coming. I hit something great. T.E. Sivec is able to exist on both ends of the spectrum and she does this flawlessly. " - Tough Critic Book Reviews


He saw her first, but his friend made the move.

She settled for the safer choice, but her heart knew the truth.

They love, they crave, they lie.

Garrett McCarthy, Annabelle Parker, and Milo Roberts were as close as friends could get. They shared in each other's joy during graduations, promotions, and engagements. They consoled one another through heartache and loss.

When one of the friend's life is tragically cut short, it's up to the two left behind to pick up the pieces and find out the truth - no matter the cost. As they slowly start to uncover the nature of his deception, and the very powerful people behind it, they begin to question everyone and everything, even themselves.

Everyone has secrets - some do it for love while others do it for power. Those secrets can change perceptions, alter reality and sometimes destroy lives.

What do you do when you find out your whole life has been a lie?

I will first start by saying that I am now convinced that I will buy any book Tara Sivec authors in the future, I have yet to read something by her that I was able to put down until I finished it. She could write a book about the historical significance of lint collecting and I'm totally there!

Ok, so now on to this book. Oh man...there are just so many things to like about it, I hardly know where to begin. I guess first I have to comment on the fact that Tara just really knows how to set up romantic tension. The tension between the H/h for the first part of the novel was just delicious. It's a slow build and then BAM! Hotness ensues. Thank you for that.

Second, this is just such a departure from her other books, but in a great way. It's got burning hot romance, intrigue, espionage, betrayal, mystery...you just cannot put it down until you know the entire story. It ensnares you, like any good book should, from the first chapter and doesn't let you go until the end. Honestly, I'm just blown away. Kudos.

The characters in this book are also well constructed as well. You really learn them, learn their story, which pulls you even further into the book. The character development is top notch, as well as plot development. There's nothing that comes out of left field in a bad way. I mean, the plot keeps you guessing and trying to figure things out, but it never makes you think "HUH?" like some other books of this genre. All around, it's just a well written, well developed book.

I give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars!







0 comments:

Post a Comment