24 August 2013

Cutting Deep, By T.A. Anderson

Setting off on her dream of culinary school, Ande finds herself knocked senseless by her incredibly sexy Chef Instructor, Daniel, who also happens to have the brains and heart to match. With her plan to keep herself from repeating history, she attempts to deny what could possibly break her. Ande finds out she is not the only one with a torrid past when a bright light is shed on Daniel’s former years. 

When ghosts from her past find her in the middle of her trek through culinary school and an impending relationship with Daniel, her life takes a disastrous turn. She must find the strength to push through school alongside a man that drives her wild with lust, all while trying to figure out her relationship with a stranger from years before. With help from her friends, and a tad bit of alcohol, Ande navigates her way through the pitfalls of falling in love, being broken hearted and making lasting friendships. 

An amusing love story filled with steamy sex, heartache, and surprises at every turn. 

I wasn't sure what to expect from another book about a chef. I have read a few of these in the recent months and I do usually enjoy reading them because I can read about all these amazing deserts and not have to worry about gaining a pound!


In this book we follow the love triangle between Ande, Blake and Daniel. There were some parts of the story where I was completely confused as to who Ande would choose, and parts where I would have bet my next paycheck on who she would end up with. But the one thing that I really REALLY enjoyed about this book isn't the love triangle. It was everything else.


This book has a story behind the triangle, it has what is actually going on in Ande's life. What she goes through on a daily basis during her training. T.A. was very smart in thinking to add to the story with that part. The story had started out with Ande attending the school, and I'm glad that it was kept up during the whole book.


To be honest, I didn't really feel any connections with any of the characters. This was one of those few books that kept my attention just because of the story itself. The three main characters each had their good parts and their bad parts, which all seemed to play off each other.


All in all though, I will be checking for the next book in the series because I want to find out what is going to happen next in Ande's story!!

Currently $2.99 on Amazon.
Click the cover and then 1 Click! 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment