06 August 2013

King Hall, By Scarlett Dawn


A fresh, meaty, sink-your-teeth-in-and-hold-on-tight new adult fantasy series kicks off with King Hall…
 
King Hall — where the Mysticals go to learn their craft, get their degrees, and transition into adulthood. And where four new Rulers will rise and meet their destinies.
 
Lily Ruckler is adept at one thing: survival. Born a Mystical hybrid, her mere existence is forbidden, but her nightmare is only about to start. Fluke, happenstance, and a deep personal loss finds Lily deeply entrenched with those who would destroy her simply for existing — The Mystical Kings. Being named future Queen of the Shifters shoves Lily into the spotlight, making her one of the most visible Mysticals in the world. But with risk comes a certain solace — her burgeoning friendships with the other three Rulers: a wicked Vampire, a wild-child Mage, and a playboy Elemental. Backed by their faith and trust, Lily begins to relax into her new life.
 
Then chaos erupts as the fragile peace between Commoners and Mysticals is broken, and suddenly Lily realises the greatest threat was never from within, and her fear takes on a new name: the Revolution.
 


                With the world of paranormals that could or could NOT be out there, it’s something that people will always wonder what the truth is.  I have to say that if they exist, I hope they exist in the way that Scarlett has created them!  The world that she was able to create to where everyone lived together was just amazing.


                When I first started this story, it seemed a little slow for me.  But as I went further and further along in the story, I just couldn’t put it down.  I ended up staying up later than I normally do at night to just finish reading this story.  The excitement that started was done to the point where you wanted to know more about what was going on.  You wanted to be able to find out what was happening and who was causing all the pain and suffering.



                Lily’s character I have mixed feelings about.  I think that it was great how she ended up finding her strength, but in the beginning she just sounded like a whinny little girl who wasn’t getting what she wanted.  Even further into the book she had her moments where she was acting like a brat, but I think that she had a good balance between everything.


                The other main characters; Pearl, Jack and Ezra, were well written also.  They each had something that they brought to the table.  Whenever someone needed strength, they were there to support the other.  The sexual tension between some of them was off the charts and leaves you wondering what will happen to them.

                The CLIFFHANGER!!! Oh my gosh I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo upset with Scarlett about that.  But then on the other hand I think I love her even more for it!  We get more!!!!  *happy dance time*

                With the way this story is, it will slowly pull you in and even after you finish reading it, you are going to want to know more and more.

                Another MUST read from me!






0 comments:

Post a Comment