20 September 2013

Starlight, By Mimi Strong


STARLIGHT, BOOK #2 IN THE PEACHES MONROE SERIES (A 4-BOOK SERIES) WILL BE RELEASED ON OR BEFORE SEPT. 5TH.
So, I fly my rockin' curves off to LA for the big Peaches Monroe (that's me) underwear shoot.

I'm nursing a broken heart from you-know-who, when along comes Keith Raven. Sexy, tanned, and nearly naked. He's my new co-model, and let me tell you, Keith is the full package with a big package (wink, wink).

My new bestie Mitchell warns me that all male models are walking disasters, but I think Keith's different. He meditates, for example. And, unlike some people, he doesn't toy with my affection.

Staying at Keith's apartment in LA and swimming in his pool is heavenly, not to mention the more intimate details of our Rebound Arrangement. What's a Rebound Arrangement, you ask? It's a fixed-length romance and a great way to turn your world upside-down.

Meanwhile, Dalton Deangelo is trying to redeem himself and win me back. He sucks at redemption, but he is charming.

Somebody please stop me, because if I keep slamming my heart like this, it's going to break.



                Oh Peaches, how I have been waiting for you to come back so I can find out what is going on in your life!  And I am soooooooooo happy with you in this book, whatever thoughts I had about what sort of trouble you would get into in this book, you sure surpassed them.  While Stardust was full of the fun loving Peaches, in this book, we got to know the real girl.

                I enjoyed that we were able to learn more about Peaches during this book, and I have to say I didn’t see it coming!  There were some twists in this book that I didn’t see coming and I think that is one of the reasons this book turned out as great as it did.  In this book, we were able to meet Petra and get to know her a bit.  I loved that taking place because there is more to Peaches than just her quirky attitude and ability to make someone laugh.

                One thing that I enjoy about Mimi’s writing is she always includes other characters in the story.  And not only does she include them she gives them their “spots” and she adds their lives into the book.  With Keith, even though we know nothing about him in the beginning of the book, we learn more about him throughout it all.  To me, that is great because then the character isn’t just put into the story, they have a role in the book and their lives add to it.

                Overall, I have to say once I started reading this book, I couldn’t put it down.  Mimi was able to blow me away completely with this book and it caught me so off guard, I wasn’t holding onto anything!  Once again another must read from me!



Click HERE to read my review of Stardust.

0 comments:

Post a Comment