06 October 2013

Tattered Love, By Lola Stark

When ex-Special Ops bad-ass Mace walks into Needle's Kiss tattoo parlour, he never expected to find the girl who would turn his life upside down.

Hard as nails Scarlett has been unlucky in love: she’s been burnt, chewed up and spat out. Reluctant to have another relationship, can she keep her wits about her when hot-as-sin Mace walks into her tattoo parlor? Or will he break her down and leave his mark within her ink?

What starts out as a little fun, turns into something so much more.

Can Scarlett look beyond Mace's devastating past or will his demons come back to haunt them both?

Content warning: contains steamy, anywhere-goes sex, an alcohol induced embarrassing night out and two headstrong lovers taken on a whirlwind of crazy.


                Usually, I don’t like books that switch POV’s a lot.  Most of the time it drives me crazy!!! You know what I mean, you’re getting into the story and then BAM it’s a new character talking.  This book switches POV’s but I have to say, I honestly think that it added to the story in many ways.  To me, there is no way possible that the story could have been told from just Scarlett or just Mace’s viewpoint.
                This story has everything that a girl could want; tattoo’s, AMAZINGLY hot sex, humor, drama, penis eye, suspense… Wait… Nope I didn’t forget anything!  You know a book is good when while you’re reading it you can’t stop highlighting parts of the story, sending messages to the author (yes I’m guilty of that) and laughing so hard you have to stop reading completely in fear of dropping your kindle.  Ok well I’m guilty of all three of those things.
                The fact that this is Lola’s first book, which I really don’t believe but that’s what she tells me, completely shocks me.  The characters in the story, even the minor ones, are done in such a way that there is a ton of details about them.  The line wasn’t crossed between too much detail and too little either; which is a huge deal for me.  Scarlett and Mace were just amazing characters overall and the tension between the two of them kept the story alive.  I really enjoyed the fact that even though Scarlett is a tattoo artist, and that part of her life doesn’t take over the book.  We are able to spend time with HER as a person and not just her job.
                The drama that takes place during the story was also done very well in my opinion.  There was just the right amount of it throughout the story.  One factor of this that I enjoyed was that I would forget about it, and it would pop its head back up and be like “Don’t forget about me!”  To me, that shows that Lola was more focused on the rest of the book and didn’t let one part of the book take over completely.
                I do have to say that after reading this book, I have a newfound love of hearts, drunk dialing and of course my continuing love of tattoos!  This book is a complete MUST read from me and it is going in my top 10 of the year!
  
  Amazon

0 comments:

Post a Comment