11 February 2014

Allure by Nina Lane

BOOK TWO IN NINA LANE'S BESTSELLING SPIRAL OF BLISS SERIES 
"We both want this so badly. I can feel it resonating between us like the hot pull of our first attraction, tangible and intense."

After lies and betrayal almost destroy their marriage, Dean and Olivia West reignite their blissful passion. The medieval history professor and his cherished wife are determined to fix their mistakes and fall madly in love all over again.

Then a family crisis forces Dean back into a feud with his parents and siblings, dredging up guilt over a painful family secret. Liv and Dean have battled obstacles together before, but with bitter family conflicts now endangering their fragile intimacy, they soon must struggle with events that could damage them in ways they had never imagined.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18086447-allure?ac=1
So Dean and Olivia's story continues. After the bombshell that was dropped at the end of Arouse, of course it had to. I liked the twist and I also liked hearing how they patch things up and tackle this issue together. What I didn't like however was that if we took out the repetitive sex scenes from book one, Arouse, and this book, I think she could have put them together and created one solid book.
This book seemed more focused on Dean and we get to go to California with him and Olivia and meet more of his family as well as some people from his past. I loved hearing about how Dean was molded into the man he has become and loved to hate his family right along with Olivia.
My issues with this book are once again the sex scenes. If I have to hear about Olivia's cotton panties and front clasp bra (I mean in five years doesn't this girl want some variety to her undergarments? Are there no Victoria Secret's or little lingerie boutiques in her town?) any more in book three, Awaken, I may scream at the top of my lungs! Luckily, toward the last half of the book, we hear less about their monotonous sex life, and more about their relationship and things that are going on in their lives. Once that started, I was hooked. I really enjoyed the last 1/3 of this book and am anxious to start Awaken and see what happens. I really do enjoy Nina Lane's writing for the most part.
Unfortunately I didn't even highlight any passages in this book to share with you except the ones that were repeated between Arouse and this one that drove me nuts. I was so focused on that, it was almost hard to enjoy any of the other elements going on in this one. Another bright spot in this book and she was also in Arouse, was Kelsey who is Dean and Olivia's friend. I had quite a few laugh out loud moments with her and love her raw gritty take on life. She tells them like it is whether they want to hear it or not. I really hope the author will maybe give her a book all to herself as I sense she may have had some issues in her past to make her the way she is. Another character I would love to see expanded is Dean's brother, Archer. 


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRT4ZQ2/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CRT4ZQ2&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20     http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/allure-nina-lane/1115302537?ean=9780988715806

0 comments:

Post a Comment