02 February 2014

By His Rules by J.A. Rock

Aiden Cole can be anything men want—naughty schoolboy, palace slave, virgin twink, or slutty secretary. He’s a gifted actor with a gorgeous body who gives legendary head. Aiden could have his pick of any Top in the local leather bar, but is drawn to Scott Runge—a cruel, sexy Dom who pushes Aiden to his limits, allowing Aiden to experience the excitement and danger of the BDSM lifestyle to a degree he never has before. But when Scott goes too far, injuring Aiden, Aiden withdraws from the BDSM scene completely. Until he meets Keaton Hughes.

Keaton’s looking for something he can’t find in any dungeon: A domestic discipline relationship, in which he can provide his partner with guidance, support, and loving discipline. When Keaton takes Aiden in after Aiden’s traumatic encounter with Scott, he vows not to pursue any sort of relationship with the troubled sub. But as Aiden struggles to overcome the damage Scott has done and get his life back on track, Keaton’s rules might be just what he needs.

Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual situations, graphic language, and material that some readers may find objectionable: BDSM theme and content, dubious consent, male/male sexual practices, violence
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13409339-by-his-rules


This book was indirectly recommended to me by a friend of mine, so trusting their judgment, I did go ahead and get the book.
After reading this book, I can say that I am completely glad that my friend recommended it to me!  I have read books by this author in the past, but I was so satisfied with this book, I honestly think it’s the best that I have read from them.
One thing that I did enjoy about this book was that the main characters didn’t have an insta-love relationship.  They were both moving at their own pace and when they both realized what they wanted from each other, they gradually worked towards it in their own time.  It didn’t feel at all like the author was pushing them towards a relationship in any sense.
I completely enjoyed Aiden’s character.  And as bad as this sounds everything that he went through during the book, I am glad that he did go through to a degree.  I thought it was really great of the author to show that not everything works out the way that people think that it will.
With Keaton’s character, while I did enjoy him throughout the book as a whole, I just felt like there were some parts of him that were still hidden.  Things about himself that he wanted to keep hidden from everyone.  But I did still love his character!
Overall, this book is one of the best that I have read so far this year and I can’t wait to read more from this author in the future!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006VXAZKA/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B006VXAZKA&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/by-his-rules-j-a-rock/1108343007?ean=9781611187663&itm=1&usri=by+his+rules     https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-byhisrules-668787-145.html?referrer=52378e08e5757

0 comments:

Post a Comment