19 March 2014

His Wounded Light Tour Stop!!

light tour banner
his wounded light
The perfect life.

The perfect marriage.

The jilted lover.

Their worlds collide.

Fate intervenes twelve years later and their paths intersect once again. All three will question whether the heart is truly capable of dividing and being divided; each will decide whether it matters who you loved first or who you love last.

Together they will learn that in the end, there can always only be one.
add-to-goodreads-button31



His Wounded Light we are picking up where The Light in the Wound left off. We get to see three POVs in this story, Alex, Jesse and Isabel. This book was filled with love and angst and was just as good, if not better than the first one in this series. 

I was a bit afraid to pick up this book because I didn't want to see things change too much from book one. But I'm happy to say that we get more closure through this book for Alex and Isa's relationship. Jesse, although I didn't care much for him, he gets to grow up and get his happy ending too. 

I loved the intense drama that we go through, sure it hurt, but it was good. The prologue was amazing, the ending was pretty good too. Can't wait for more from this author. 



I finished His Wounded Light last night and I just loved it!! 

It is one of those stories that will stay in my heart forever.  If you have read the first one then you know that Isabel was high school to college sweethearts with Jesse.  Jesse didn't put her first and they had grew apart and after a couple of breaks, she fell in love with Alex.  I know reading this one it seems like it was a rebound, which I kind of was but she had know Alex just as long and loved him as a friend.  He had always been there for her.  Jesse didn't want to let her go, even going as far as proposing to her when she was getting ready to get married the day before and showing up on her wedding day to try and stop it.  It was 10 years later in the 1st story and you see what they all had been doing.  Alex and Isabel still married, very much in love but has to bury her mother which brings her back to Jesse.  He still hasn't moved on and tells her that no matter where they are he will always love her.  Now in this one, it is 2 years later.  Alex and Isabel are celebrating the anniversary of 12 years when the unthinkable happens.  Alex is in a car wreck and is partially paralyzed and had almost died.  He is not feeling like a man anymore and doesn't want Isabel to suffer because of him, so he demands a divorce just as Jesse walks back into her life.  Who will Isabel choose?  Jesse or Alex?  You think you know but you have know idea.  Read and see....

Wow!  What an emotional roller coaster. I honestly was hesitant reading this because from the first I was TEAM ALEX, not a fan of Jesse.  I just thought how is this author going to be able to get me to love this one like I loved the first one.  Yeah, she did it and made it even better.  I loved how she did the story line and how it was set up in all point of views and we got to see from past to present.  Kudos on that.  It was a refreshing change that I enjoyed immensely.  TEAM Alex all the way, no matter what.   Alex is still very much in love and that it was gets it for me.  No matter what is going on, no matter the decisions he has to make he is selfless and is always thinking about her.  Isabel is such a sweetheart and I just love how she loves Alex unconditionally.  I can say that they are truly and extraordinary couple and the trials and obstacles that they will have to go through will tear your heart.  I cried several times (ugly cried!!) because my heart just broke and I didn't know if it would get mended.  I can say that the author did get me from being annoyed with Jesse to just loving him.  To me, he is worthy of redemption and it will all makes sense as to why he does what he does with Isabel.

Again, from the previous review.  I can tell you that I am not a fan of love triangles but for me this has surpassed and expectations that I had been having and I will have to stop and think twice about the next ones.  This really was a beautiful series and I am so impressed with this author.  I am a fan and will always be. 

light teaser
christine braeChristine Brae is a full time career woman who thought she could write a book about her life and then run away as far as possible from it. She never imagined that her words would touch the hearts of so many women with the same story to tell. This is her second and final book in the Light in the Wound series. Her third book is scheduled to come out in late 2014. When not listening to the voices in her head or spending late nights at the office, Christine can be seen shopping for shoes and purses, running a half marathon or spending time with her husband and three children in Chicago.



 
 
 
TRAILERS
 

“Good evening, everyone. So sorry we're late.”
I turn my head in the direction of her eyes.
“Are you fucking kidding me?” I mutter under my breath.
It's Jesse Cain. I glare at Betty, and she responds by shrugging her shoulders. I remember that she said she no longer bothers with the seating arrangements.  I’m left with no choice but to get up from my chair and shake his hand.
“Cain, how are you?” I ask rather hypocritically. I can’t even stand to be in the same country as him, let alone share a table with this guy. One at which he sits so close to my wife, no less.
“Ailey,” he says coolly. “This is my fiancée, Rose.”
I offer my hand to her and she shakes it warmly. She's very pretty, almost beautiful, but certainly not Isabel stunning, at least to me.  She’s quite voluptuous and her dress leaves little to the imagination. I guess she has to compete for his attention, given that he is one of the most eligible bachelors in the country. He’s clearly a crowd drawer at fundraising events like these.  I’ll never know why, since he’s such an arrogant ass. Cain pulls her seat out for her and remains standing. Sure enough, he walks over to Betty and Isa.
“Betts.” He gives her a hug and offers his hand to Leigh, who shakes it disinterestedly.
Okay, here it comes.
Wait. No. She’s getting up. Why is she getting up?
He leans down to give her a hug. “Hi, Isa. Nice to see you.”
She embraces him a little too warmly. The smile on her face as she says his name slays me. “Hi, Jess.”
Jess?
As soon as Cain takes a seat next to me, I lean over and whisper in her ear. “It's Jess-e. There's an E at the end.”
She responds by taking my hand, slipping it through the slit of her dress and resting it on her thigh.  If I stretch my finger out far enough, I’ll be able to touch that part of her that might get her attention. Out of the blue, I have the urge to take the napkin on her lap and tie it around her neck to cover up her chest. Sort of like a bib in a seafood restaurant.
“He looks at you all googly-eyed like that one more time and I'm going to poke his fucking eyes out,” I whisper, punctuating my words with light squeezes of her thigh.
She thinks I'm kidding so she laughs.

PINTEREST CHARACTER CASTING
litw teaser 3
 

Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000038_00071]
tlitw teaser1
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment