04 April 2014

All For Maddie by Jettie Woodruff

I believe in love at first sight... because I am a mother.
Living a complete lie, holding on to a secret that could cost me the most important thing in my life was about to surface. I couldn’t breathe without Maddie. Maddie was my life. The saying about dying for your child is the absolute truth. The other things you would do are comparable to that of death. I know, I did those things. I did unthinkable things, all for Maddie. I continued the lie, the secrets with the one man who had no right. People say you always have options. That’s a lie. I had no choice. I did it all for her... for my Maddie.
Adult content...Sex /adult language.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18799346-all-for-maddie
 

I must say as a mother of two young children I REALLY relate to this story. I normally avoid stories with children because I feel like SO many stories don't portray children like they REALLY are. I have a 3 year old and Maddie, for the most part, is three during this story so her actions and reactions I completely understood. Not to mention the whole I WHOLEHEARTEDLY love my child and would give my last breath for them, but I also need a breather from them feeling that we get a few times in this story.

This is so many twists and turns and unexpected surprises in this story that I have to admit it is a bit hard to write a review for this book. I just have to say that it's extremely well written. It's a longer novel but I really didn't feel like it was when I was reading it. It wasn't drawn out with unnecessary details or scenes. There was only one point in this book that made me think WTF, that's not how a normal person should react.. However, I'm a bit odd myself so it could just be how I see it.. and since I found absolutely EVERYTHING else to be ABSOLUTELY wonderful if not a bit of a mind f*ck about this book, I would still give it 4 stars.

It's real, it's rough, it's sexy... is just up there with the best books that I've EVER read.. and I've read a LOT of books.


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H9VBC00/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00H9VBC00&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20     http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/all-for-maddie-jettie-woodruff/1117898414?ean=2940148852087&itm=1&usri=all+for+maddie

0 comments:

Post a Comment