16 April 2014

Deathscape by Dana Marton

After a near-death experience, artist Ashley Price is compelled to paint visions of the dead, and fears she's gone crazy. Then she paints a man buried alive and, recognizing the surroundings, she rushes to save him.

Instead of being grateful to her for rescuing him, Detective Jack Sullivan accuses her of being in league with a serial killer. He swears he will put her behind bars. Except, the more time he spends with her, the more he falls under her spell. Can he trust her, or is he walking into another deadly trap?



Well this book caught me off guard, because I really wasn’t expecting the almost supernatural part of the story to take place. But I do think that the author did a great job with that part of the story because even though it was an important part of the story, it didn’t overtake the story completely. There was tons of action and suspense that also played important roles in the story as well.
The only real complaint that I have about the book was how obvious it was that Ashley and Jack were going to end up together. But I did still enjoy reading about them fighting their feelings towards each other as well.
I think that the action that takes place was really well done. I didn’t see the ending happening at all, so I give the author massive props for the twist regarding that. It was an insane ride following along as we learned more about Ashley and what she was dealing with on a regular basis. And as Jack realized what was going on, and even though it scared the crap out of him, he was still there for her.
One main thing that I enjoyed about the book was that Ashley didn’t have to change for Jack. He was willing to accept her for who she was, without any reservations. So to me it was great that Jack was that type of man who was willing to do that.
The author once again shows her ability to weave together a story that is full of romance, suspense, action, and adventure into one great book. This series has become one of my favorite so far and I just can’t wait to read more in the future!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HBRHD5K/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00HBRHD5K&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20

0 comments:

Post a Comment