17 April 2014

Deathtrap by Dana Marton

She'd been "the sick girl" for most of her life. She refused to go straight to "the weird girl". Heart-transplant recipient Sophie Curtis has been in her own antiseptic bubble for so long, she just might not be able to venture out into the real world again. Her spooky body memories are scary enough, but then she finds herself in the cross hairs of a killer.

"Love was blind, people said. But lust was blind, deaf and reckless." Ethan Bing hadn't been a great romantic before he became a cop. Whatever shred of optimism he had left after becoming Broslin Chief of Police had been seared out of him by the unsolved murder of his wife two years before. A new case brings the killer within reach just as Sophie pops into his life. She gets through his defenses like no other before, but soon it becomes clear that she's been selected as the killer's next victim.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17972963-deathtrap




So I have loved Bing’s character since the first book that I have read in the Broslin Creek series. And while I can say that I did know that Bing and Sophie ended up together (since I read the last book first), I still enjoyed reading their story and learning about how they ended up together.
There were plenty of twists that happened in this book, especially concerning Bing and his first wife’s relationship, that I was completely swept up into the story that when things finally came to light as to what had happened, it caught me completely off guard. I enjoyed the twists that the author included in this book pertaining to the murders that had happened, and that were currently being investigated.
I can say, I had figured out who the killer was, but then I figured I was wrong. So imagine my surprise when I realized that I was right. And I completely LOVED the fact that I had changed my mind about who it was, because that shows the author has a great ability to make you doubt yourself when you’re reading.
I did love the little supernatural hints that the author included in this book as well. I think that the author does a great job at adding those hints, but not allowing them to overtake the whole story.
Overall, I did completely love this book and I really can’t wait for the next book in the series to be released!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HBRHD5K/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00HBRHD5K&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20

0 comments:

Post a Comment