05 April 2014

Dom Wars Tour Stop!

DW tou banner
Dom Wars Cover Art
Lucian Bane's inner Dom is out of control and hungry for things he can't name. When he signs up for Dom Wars, he meets Tara who is naive to the BDSM world. Her reckless dominance and puritan heart fascinate him. But when he discovers the pain in her past, it unleashes his true Dom within.
ee9a0-add-to-goodreads-button3


This book was a whole lot different than the other Dom books out there right now, and I found that to be both interesting and exciting.  The market is so flooded with these kinds of stories that it seems so many times that if you’ve read one, you’ve read them all.  Dom Wars is definitely an original.
Both seeking something, Tara and Lucian meet at an audition for the Dom Wars.  I wasn’t sure what this was…American Gladiator of BDSM?  No.  I’m not sure how else to describe it than that, it’s pretty simple.  Both have issues to work out, and through their sizzling chemistry and needs, they work through each other’s pain and discover the true meaning of D/s.
One of my alpha/Dom pet peeves is a man who wants to dominate a woman, but you’re left wondering why, other than his need to be in control.  There are a lot of heroes in book that are very popular that are like this, and I hate it.  To me, part of being a dominating man is that you care for the woman you are dominating.  Lucian Bane totally fit the bill for that; he comes to love and respect Tara.  He’s not afraid to make himself vulnerable by exposing his emotions.  He’s so real.  He manages to maintain control while still being a man, and being human.  I really loved that.
This is a short read, but it doesn’t feel that way.  I mean, I was left definitely wanting more, but it didn’t feel like anything was rushed.  The chemistry between the two main characters was awesome; the plot unfolded at a great pace and was both touching and hilarious at times.  The whole idea of a BDSM competition is not something I ever would have thought up, but it’s interesting.  I can’t wait for book two.  4.5 stars.


I really wanted to like this book. I did. I liked the idea behind the book. The synopsis was interesting, the cover was great. But from the very start, I just couldn't get into it. 

I could not relate to Lucian and the way he thought about being a Dom. Tara did nothing for me either. I felt like both characters fell flat with no dimension. There was no passion or heat or charisma between the two characters. 

The only reason I was able to get all the way through the book was because it was short. I gave it three stars because I applaud a male author for attempting to get into this genre.
8afff-13318153752057989014amazon-md 6c919-amazonukicon d809e-amazoncaicon4773b-smashwords-icon
received_m_mid_1394586758322_709b25f9e4f6561414_0
Lucian Bane and Tara Reese have made it to round two in DOM WARS. The challenges now revolve around trust and while Tara's inhibitions in the world of BDSM are crushed by his passion, her deep rooted fears become the real obstacle he must dominate.
c7701-images


I REALLY liked the first book in this series, but I think I may have loved this one even more.
Tara and Lucien have made it to round two in the Dom Wars.  This round is more intense than the first, as it’s pushing the couple’s boundaries when it comes to trust and facing their fears.  Can Lucian get through to Tara, not only to win the round, but her heart as well?  Because he wants her to be HIS, with or without a competition.
I am so in love with the characters in this book.  Tara is so delightfully spitfire-y (yes, I declare that to be a word) and Lucien is like the ultimate alpha/dom.  He seriously ranks right up there with Kristen Ashley alphas for me, and those are some high standards!!!  The characters are just so well written.  You really get to know them and their motivations.  I think books like this are just proof that you don’t need 300 pages to tell a story well.  If you’re talented, you can tell a compelling story on a napkin.  Though, I’m glad that this author decided to give us nearly 100 pages…though I’m chomping at the bit for MORE!  MORE!!!  How long do we have to wait for book 3???
Another amazing installment of this series.  4.5 stars.

8afff-13318153752057989014amazon-md 6c919-amazonukicon d809e-amazoncaicon
I'm an Ineffable Dom. That just means, do yourself a favor and please don't try to describe me or fit me into your categories. Complicated Dom, Intricate Dom, Confounding Dom work too.
I love very much the soft side of a woman. Not just her body, but everything on the inside-- her passion, her intelligence, her convictions, her delicate tenderness. But the one fetish that might be a part of what makes me an Ineffable Dom is that I love her strengths. I love a woman that isn’t afraid to look me in the eyes and say ‘make me’. But I need it to be real, not staged, not pretended. She has to be a fighter at her core the way I’m a Dom at my core. I want an equal that is willing to come hard against me in every sense of the word, exhaust me. I want her so deep inside me that we’re lost in each other. I want her to never doubt that I will always use my power to adore her, protect her, liberate her. I don’t want a woman I can break, or overpower, or exercise my dominance over, I want a woman I can come undone with. I want a woman I can jump off the cliff with into that abyss of holy hell, this is beyond me, beyond my control. The greatest fear of most people is losing themselves or unravelling their roots. My greatest fear is not finding a woman I can take that plunge with. Yes, it’s a huge risk. That’s the yin and the yang of it. And while the risk titillates my Dom, it’s the ineffable fruit of that risk that moves him. He knows he has to have it. He knows he’s supposed to have. And he’s prepared to dominate for it.
I think there are many men like myself, and I hope my writing will be a map for them. A map for women as well, to let them know Doms like this exist. I’d like to call them out of the woodwork. Help men join with their natural inner Doms in a way that I think is one of the most fulfilling experiences there are. I want to challenge them all to go for the complete power exchange with a woman, but don’t be a coward and not give the same that they demand or expect. And consider that when you give one hundred percent of yourself to a person, there is no more of you to give away. You now belong to them the way they belong to you.
Inner Doms are dogs that need a master to train them. I once bowed to my Dom's reckless and tireless desires, but when I gained control, he bowed to my will. The transformation made me into what I am today. What many would call an Ineffable Dom. But its equal term in the Vanilla world, in my opinion, is a real man.
84ea6-transparent-facebook-logo-icon11f52-goodreads_icon3a970-twitter
10 Dom Wars Bookmarks
10 Dom Wars Magnets
5 Dom Wars Key Chains
3 Ebook Sets of Dom Wars Round One and Two

0 comments:

Post a Comment