05 April 2014

Provoke by Missy Johnson

Mace Jordan was not the type of guy I expected to sweep me off my feet. I knew of the crowd he ran with, and they were bad news. But beyond that tough, biker exterior was a sweetheart, and one that treated me like his princess.
I liked being the good girl with the bad boy, but I never expected this. What I saw on his computer…I thought I knew him.

But I was wrong. So wrong…

If there was ever a bad time for me to fall for a chick it was now, but from the moment I saw Leeta, she had me. There was something special about her, and I had to have her. But I also had a job to do, and I couldn’t let her distract me from that. I couldn’t let her discover that side of me either. But she’s not stupid, and I know she’s getting close. God knows what she’ll do if she discovers the truth.

Or what she thinks is the truth.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20342016-provoke?ac=1

I have to admit the cover and synopsis sucked me in for this book.. However, I was a bit let down with the actual story. The synopsis hinted that it was a biker bad boy story, which sure Mace worked in a bike shop but it really didn't play into the story much at all, which I felt greatly disappointed in. Mace wasn't really a bad boy, not in the way I expected. It was moreof his family name than he himself. I felt like a lot was missed with Mace or that things were hinted at to get people to be interested and then fell flat in the story because it wasn't how the character really was.
Leeta is a good girl. But Mace and his sexy/sweetness drew her in even though she knew it could very possibly turn bad. I liked Leeta but I didn't love her. I felt like she was just half heartedly written in the story.
The sex scenes were super hot, which is what helped bump the rating as high as it is but really I felt lead on with a great cover, great synopsis to be let down by the book. Like the author spent so much more time on the synopsis and cover than the storyline and the progression of the characters.
The writing itself wasn't bad. It was easy to read and entertaining, but didn't feel like there was a whole lot of meat to the story and since it is a fairly short book I think there could've been some work done to it.


Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she’s a cat, a cat who thinks he’s a dog…you get the picture).
When she’s not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment