17 April 2014

HIGH Tour Stop!

HIGH BANNER  
91X+UFjn-RL._SL1500_
Welcome to The Indigo Lounge, the scandalously sexy sky-high playground where anything can happen...

Flirty, dirty and utterly delicious, HIGH is the perfect next read for lovers of the internationally renowned This Man series from Jodi Ellen Malpas & Sylvia Day's Crossfire series.

Zachary Savage is a man accustomed to getting whatever and whoever he wants. He's buried his demons and risen from the ashes to become the playboy owner of the internationally renowned Indigo Lounge, a fleet of ultra-exclusive sky-high pleasure palaces.

He has everything he wants, until he sets eyes on Bethany Green. One look is all it takes ~ she has to be his.

Bethany Green has endured the worst year of her life; bad luck and heartbreak at every turn. Karma swings wildly in her favour when a money-can't-buy golden ticket lands in her lap - an invitation to experience the scandalously sexy Indigo Lounge for herself.

Green by name and green by nature, is she brave enough to accept the hottest ticket in town?

One glimpse of Zachary Savage is enough to convince her that she isn't cosmopolitan enough to play in his glamorous, sinfully sexy world. But they're already in the air, and reality is a long way behind them. The only way is up.

The Indigo Lounge. Step aboard and check your inhibitions at the door.
add-to-goodreads-button31

Oy vey…where do I begin?  The premise of this book is interesting enough.  Zachary Savage is the playboy billionaire of a fleet of erotic jets that serve as mile high pleasure palaces.  I guess kind of a Playboy Mansion in the sky kind of thing.  Our heroine, Bethany, receives a ticket for one of these jets and throws caution to the wind and accepts the opportunity.  When she does, she meets Zachary and he decides, with one look, that Bethany must be his.  She agrees to leave the Indigo Lounge with him and go to his home.  There are secrets that Zachary is keeping from Bethany, but she agrees to enter into a sexual relationship with him anyway.  Will Zach’s secrets surface?  What will Bethany do as more is revealed about this mysterious man?

Ok, so I’m just going to get it out of the way and say that the biggest problem I had with this book was the characters.  I simply did not understand their motivations nor did I think that their actions were genuine or realistic.  Plus, the instant attraction and where that leads them was pretty far-fetched to me.  I mean, sure, we’re talking romance novels so I don’t expect everything to be grounded in reality, but he speed at which they embark on a relationship left my head spinning.  There was no build up, and the buildup is the best part!!!  Plus, it didn’t seem like Bethany was being true to herself with the actions that she takes in the book.  Why anyone would willingly enter into a relationship with someone they barely know who is suffocating and demanding (and not in a good way) is beyond me.  I guess really the crux of the issues is that because I didn’t understand the characters, I didn’t like them.  Zach especially got on my nerves just because he was alpha, but not in the good alpha way. 

I did think that the overall plot to this book was original and the sex scenes were hot.  One thing Zach has going for him is that he’s totally a dirty talker, and good at it.  I may or may have not highlighted some passages to put in the spank bank for use at a later date. 
This book really did have potential, and I’ll read the next installments to see if some of my questions were answered or not, and to see if the characters grow and mature a bit more. In the end, perhaps if I’d been high I would have enjoyed the book a bit more.  3 stars.

The moment she entered, she knew why she’d felt the weird sensation as she’d walked into the Executive Guest Suite.

Moving forward, she stopped in front of the glass wall, her heart hammering wildly in her throat as she looked down into the open space below.

“You were in this room when I came in.” It wasn’t a question. It was another certainty that stemmed from her soul.

“Yes.” His voice, hypnotic and sexy as hell, washed over her.

“You saw me.”

“Yes.” He was closer, close enough for her to smell him again.

“And you came downstairs?”

“I couldn’t not.”

She turned. He stood less than a pace away, those mesmerizing eyes on her. Again, his shoulders and his hands moved restlessly, as if he was physically restraining himself from touching her.

“So, what now?”

His gaze raked her from head to toe and back again. His lips parted and his tongue traced the inside of his lower lip. “Now you place your hands on the wall behind you and spread your legs.”

Stunned excitement rocked through her but she forced herself to breathe, to remain lucid. “W…why would I want to do that?”

His smile was filled with pure sin. “For your drug search, of course.”

“What…what about Tracy?”

His smile disappeared. “She won’t be conducting the search. I brought you here because now I’ve seen you, now I have you, Bethany Green, I refuse to let anyone else touch you.”

He took that last step until they were a whisper apart. His head lowered and his nostrils flared as he breathed her in, the sharp tinge of need in his every exhale. “Are you ready?” he rasped.

She looked up at him, every nerve in her body tightening with need.

“No. You’re about to put your hands on me and I don’t even know your name.”



“My name is Zachary Savage. You can call me Zach. In fact, I prefer it. Because Zachary is too long for the many times I intend for you to scream my name when I make you come.”

717gohOndJL._SL1280_
Zara Cox
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment