18 April 2014

The Devil's Kiss Trilogy by Gemma James

 "Who am I, Kayla?"

I met his gaze--maniacal eyes possessing me--and shuddered. My heart feared him, but the gate of my sexual need was manned by him, owned by him. And he knew it.

"You're my Master."


His ultimatum
Kayla Sutton faces a question no mother wants to face: what would you do to save your daughter? Broke and desperate, she siphons thousands from the company she works for to pay for her daughter's life-saving treatment, but when Gage Channing discovers her theft, she is shocked to learn that her domineering boss has no intention of turning her over to the police. Instead he issues an ultimatum--submit to him, or go to jail.

Enslaved by the devil
As her daughter's life hangs in the balance, Kayla must dig deep to find the strength to fully submit, to travel down the path of pain and pleasure. But when her past catches up to her, prompting a free fall into forbidden territory with a man she once fiercely loved, she knows her only recourse is to come clean about her transgression and beg her Master's forgiveness...only she never imagined he'd have such a horrifying punishment awaiting her.

Retribution isn't so black and white

She faced sexual servitude in Ultimatum. In Enslaved she was seduced into craving it. Now she must find the strength to either accept the part of her that craves him still, or walk away for good...

Includes:
ULTIMATUM
ENSLAVED
RETRIBUTION

NOTE TO READERS: THE DEVIL'S KISS TRILOGY is a novel with a BDSM edge and contains material that is only suitable for adult readers. Intended for those who enjoy a dark and gritty read.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17853083-the-devil-s-kiss-trilogy?ac=1

"Of course, you'll choose a safe word." He frowned, as if the idea didn't please him. "However, should you decide to use it, our contract will become null and void, and I'll turn you over to the police."

Kayla finds herself in a position no mother wants to be in. With her daughter being in the hospital and needing money to get her on another trial, she embezzles money from the company she works for. Her boss, Gage, catches her he comes up with a plan. If she will be his sex slave for six weeks, he will pay for her daughter's care and she will no longer face jail time.

"I clenched my jaw. I wondered what he'd do if I refused? Did I want to find out? No, I didn't."

Gage is especially sadistic and we never truly learn why. We get hints and it is probably there, I just didn't see it. Maybe I need it spelled out more for me.

"I was at his mercy, and there was no going back. The fear still lingered, as did hatred, but renewed purpose filled me. The confusing part was how I hated and craved him so much at the same time."

Kayla has a hard time submitting to Gage as his submissive at first but he certainly shows her her place and she eventually succumbs and starts to crave the pleasure/pain aspect. I actually enjoyed some of Gage's devious punishments for her even though they are absolutely cruel sometimes. I think in the beginning I was loving it and then, too much just started happening. It became about so much more than just Gage and Kayla's relationship which is fine, but the book just wasn't long enough for me to get more of a feel for how it all played together and worked out. It felt very rushed toward the ending although I did enjoy the very end and cannot wait to read the next one in this series, The Devil's Salvation. Kayla was likable for the fact that she had a very rough past and you could relate to her caring for her sick daughter. She remained a strong person and was a great mother even through all the torture and crap Gage was putting her through.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPGYXNW/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CPGYXNW&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-devils-kiss-trilogy-gemma-james/1115756769?ean=2940016797694&itm=1&usri=the+devils+kiss+trilogy

0 comments:

Post a Comment