01 April 2014

Twisted Tour Stop!

There are two kinds of people in the world. The ones who look first, and the ones who leap. I’ve always been more of a looker. Cautious. A planner. That changed after I met Drew Evans. He was so persistent. So sure of himself – and of me.

But not all love stories end happily ever after. Did you think Drew and I were going to ride off into the sunset? Join the club. Now I have to make a choice, the most important of my life. Drew already made his –in fact, he tried to decide for the both of us. But you know that’s just not my style. So I came back to Greenville. Alone. Well, sort of alone....

What I've come to realize is that old habits die hard and sometimes you have to go back to where you began, before you can move ahead.

TWISTED picks up two years after Tangled’s end, and is told from Kate’s POV.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17977710-twisted?ac=1


I was so completely enamored by the first book in this series.  Drew was one of my favorite book boyfriends ever…perfect with his imperfections.  I wonder now if perhaps I had a bit too high expectations of this book.  I liked it, don’t get me wrong, but it seemed to fall just a bit flat for me.
This book is another installment in the adventures of Drew and Kate.  They’ve been together for a bit in this book and things are going pretty well…until they’re not.  There is a huge misunderstanding between Kate and Drew that leads to some bad decisions on Drew’s part.  Can they work it out in the end?
I have to say, there was a point in this book where the entire story just took one, big nosedive for me.  I didn’t expect things to be easy for Drew and Kate, but the events in this book went into irredeemable territory for me on Drew’s part.  He was the complete opposite of everything I’ve loved about him in the first book.  And to be honest, even Kate got on my nerves a bit.  She was just a shadow of her former book self.  Weak and emotional, I did not connect with her at all.
The plot of the book is really what I disliked about it.  The misunderstanding between Kate and Drew just seemed a bit forced and manufactured.  In the grand scheme of things, it just didn’t make sense to me at all.  Drama for the sake of drama.  I hate to say it, but I feel this series could have ended with Tangled and I would have been perfectly satisfied.  I can’t imagine what the next book will be about.  I’ll read it, and maybe I’ll like it better now that I have lowered expectations.
In the end, technically there was nothing wrong with this book at all.  It just didn’t continue in the same spirit as the first and because of that, I give it 3 stars.


6 emotional laugh until I cried bats
In the follow up to Tangled, we meet back up with Kate and Drew two years later in their relationship. I guess I should start this review also by letting you know that I was not a huge fan of Tangled. For me, it was a three star. I am not sure if it was because of all the hype that was brought on about it that left me disappointed or if I genuinely was just not a huge fan. The only other thing I can think of is that Tangled was written in Drew's POV and Twisted was in Kate's POV, which I think made a huge difference also. Needless to say, I enjoyed it enough to request the sequel.
So onto what I adored about this book. It wasn't just funny, there was serious subject matter brought out in book that really hit home. Due to the publishers policy I am unable to post quotes from the book until the final print is out which is probably fortunate as I highlighted a LOT of this book. Emma's writing was just amazing. I laughed, cried, laughed until I thought I needed a Depends, and then cried tears of happiness. There were some descriptions and lines in that book that just shot straight to my heart. I mean, as a girl going through troubles in a relationship at any point of their life, I don't think it would be possible not to relate to Kate's feelings.
Emma just absolutely nailed this book. There was the exact right amount of humor, conflict, heartbreak, and everything in between. I may not have been completely sold on this series previously, but I sure am now. There is another book in the series coming out in June involving other characters in the book and I cannot wait! 



“Would you fucking stop! Why are you being like this?”

I glare up at him. “Because you don’t even care! I’m really upset here - and you don’t give a shit!”

His eyes open wide, incredulous.

“Of course I give a shit - I’m the one getting Jimmy Choos thrown at my head like Chinese freaking stars!”

“If you care so much, why don’t you apologize?!”

“Because I didn’t fucking do anything! I have no problem crawling on my hands and knees when I screw up. But if you think I’m gonna beg because you’ve been possessed by the Hormone Demon - you’re out of your mind sweetheart.”

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EB9ZA24/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00EB9ZA24&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/twisted-emma-chase/1116310538?ean=9781476763637&itm=1&usri=emma+chase   https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/twisted/id683814651?mt=11 
By day, Emma Chase is a devoted wife and mother of two who resides in a small, rural town in New Jersey. By night she is a keyboard crusader, toiling away the hours to bring her colorful characters and their endless antics to life. She has a long standing love/hate relationship with caffeine.

Emma is an avid reader. Before her children were born she was known to consume whole books in a single day. Writing has also always been a passion and with the 2013 release of her debut romantic comedy, Tangled, the ability to now call herself an author is nothing less than a dream come true.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment