19 May 2014

Curiosity Killed Shaney by J.C. Wallace

Shaney's curiosity is always getting him into trouble, including stumbling into a ritualistic circle and being imbued with an energy that will eventually tear him apart. He soon finds that Hudson, a man he cares for deeply, might be responsible for his misfortune. Add in the betrayal of his best friend Todd and the desire of a demented occultist named Silas determined to control the energy inside of him and there seems to be no way out. Can Shaney find a way to rid his body of the nefarious energy before he dies a horrible death?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21455092-curiosity-killed-shaney?ac=1

This book is one that you will either love or hate. And in my case, I completely loved it. I swear to god I almost feel as though Shaney is related to me because I was able to connect with him so well.
Shaney is a very hyper and just bouncing off the walls with his thoughts. I really do believe that the author was able to write his character in a way that even though he was off the walls, you could still tell how concerned he was about his family and friends. You could almost feel the emotions that he was expressing throughout the book as if you were right there with him.
Now Hudson’s character, I didn’t really have any feelings towards him until near the end of the book. In the beginning I was more wondering what exactly was going on with him, but then it all started to make sense why he was acting the way that he was. And after getting to that point, I really enjoyed him for the rest of the book.
While this is a paranormal book, you don’t really get into the paranormal parts of it until near the end of the story. And when it does come into play, it really comes into play. There were some things that were talked about during the book that could be confusing, but the author write about it in a way that I was still able to follow along with the story with no problems.
This book is one that is humorous, exciting, suspenseful, and dramatic. But all I can say is that you should really check it out because it’s so well written, I just couldn’t get enough of the characters. And I really can’t wait for the next book in the series!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J4N2BII/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00J4N2BII&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20&linkId=3RI343RB6MR5IDCM  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/curiosity-killed-shaney-jc-wallace/1118913984?ean=2940149595907&itm=1&usri=jc+wallace  https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-curiositykilledshaney-1449689-149.html?referrer=52378e08e5757

0 comments:

Post a Comment