17 May 2014

Elect by Rachel Van Dyken

 Would you die for the one you love?
Nixon Abandonato made his choice. And now he has to pay the price. Tracey is the love of his life, but being with him has made her a target of his family's enemies. The only way to keep Trace alive is convince the world she means nothing to him.

Trace Rooks has fallen irrevocably in love with the son of her family's sworn rival, and she knows in her bones nothing can tear them apart. Until Nix suddenly pushes her away and into the arms of his best friend... But Trace isn't ready to give up on a future with Nix--and if he won't fight for them, she will.

In the end, a sacrifice must be made. A life for a life. For what better way to cover a multitude of sins than with the blood of a sinner . . .
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18210033-elect?ac=1

So after reading Elect, I didn’t think it was going to be possible for Ms. Van Dyken to top that story. But I was completely proven wrong when I started reading this book! I will be honest I did put off reading it because I was worried that I wasn’t going to enjoy this book as much as Elect, but I was completely caught off guard!
Where Elect left me happy and curious after finishing it, this book kept me on my toes throughout it all. I couldn’t turn the pages quick enough because it was just so amazingly well done. The suspense in this book was written extremely well, to the point where it kept the story going. I honestly didn’t want the book to end, and I was worried that I was going to have a heart attack by the end of the book.
I enjoyed watching as Trace learned more about herself and was starting to stand up on her own for what she wanted. Nix was just amazing throughout the whole book; there was something about him that just draws me into the story. You learn more about him, and his past, during the course of this book. I would really say that this was more his story than it was Trace’s.
But not only that, we also get to spend more time with Chase. I really enjoyed how Ms. Van Dyken added the twist in that involved him because it added so much more to the story than what I had thought could be added. The drama and suspense that happened between Chase, Nix, and Trace was done extremely well. You are left confused as to what you want to happen, but you can’t stop turning the pages to find out more.
Once again, Ms. Van Dyken has another amazing book in this series and I can’t wait to read the next one!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FKAD59I/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00FKAD59I&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/elect-rachel-van-dyken/1117005506?ean=9781455554225&itm=1&usri=elect     https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-elect-1352140-356.html?referrer=52378e08e5757

0 comments:

Post a Comment